diy solar

diy solar

I need help! I got the wrong panel from Renogy. Now what?

CopperCladLad

Hi all. I am in need of support on this issue I've come across.

TLDR: I need to find one panel I attached photos below.

I've began to install a solar system for a older tear drip trailer camper and I sized it to fit exactly 600w of Renogy panels. 3 x 200w solar panels.

I had ordered only 2 panels first week of November directly from Renogy's web sight. I had not all the funds to get the whole set up all at once and needed to wait until December to get a 3ed panel and the rest of the components and finish the installation. When ordering the last of the 3 panels from Renogy's web sight again I came to the surprise that the one panel they sent me was different from the first two. This was not the first time I had noticed something was wrong. When waiting for the order to arrive I did the measurements of the trailer to see what needed to happen and see if it would properly fit onto the roof. Further in my research I refereed to the dimensions posted on Renogy's web sight. The one's they specked were as followed: 64.96 x 26.38 x 1.38 inches. When I received the first order of panels and began to mount them onto the trailer I noticed something was off. The panels were not sized to what they stated on Renogy's web sight. The dimensions I took are: 59.25 x 27.5 x 1.38 inches roughly. I didn't think anything was bad about that it was not the same as it was on there web sight but I was annoyed that my margin of error in laying out these panels on the roof were even smaller then before. I had to continue anyway. Next, I ordered the last panel from Renogy just like I did previously and when it arrived I opened it a noticed that the cells look different. I measured the panel and was surprised that it was the dimensions that were stated on there web sight.

So now here is the situation. Renogy is taking back the new panel I cant use and is saying they are out of stock on the other panels. I can't find any information on these panel or were I could find one. So, I want to ask this forum on if anyone can locate this panel for me and send me a lead to one. I am suspecting there may be a distributor that has one in the back of there where house.

Attachments

• photo_2022-12-21_13-15-17.jpg
    photo_2022-12-21_13-15-17.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 17
  • photo_2022-12-21_13-16-08.jpg
    photo_2022-12-21_13-16-08.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 17
  • photo_2022-12-21_13-16-11.jpg
    photo_2022-12-21_13-16-11.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 18
I was able to source a couple of New panels to match my old 160w Renogys from someone who had new old stock listed on Walmart.com Keep googling that exact model number written on the back of the panel you want to match. Good Luck! -Bill

Back