diy solar

diy solar

I suck at fabrication

Awww... I thought this was going to be a poetry thread... I was all set to begin the rhyme...

The ac side is not making me cringe anymore.
Another compression gland instead of that Romex clamp where wire comes out of inverter would seem little cleaner.
(I'm not posting pictures of everything I've done!)

I feel so blessed that my dad decided to teach all 8 of us kids how to frame a house, wire a house, use power tools, fix small appliances, cook, model railroading, aquarium making, woodworking, furniture making, etc etc.
ALL BEFORE we were 12 years old. :cool:
He said "I don't want useless or helpless kids". ?
I grew up thinking everyone knew this stuff. I was in my 20's before I figured out we were special LOL. :)

But if it helps, I don't like acetylene welding and I am not very good at arc welding. :cool: ;)

I make a lot of custom furniture for myself and others. So if you live near me and need help, give me a shout.
Vancouver, BC :)

I feel so blessed that my dad decided to teach all 8 of us kids how to frame a house, wire a house, use power tools, fix small appliances, cook, model railroading, aquarium making, woodworking, furniture making, etc etc.
ALL BEFORE we were 12 years old. :cool:
He said "I don't want useless or helpless kids". ?
I grew up thinking everyone knew this stuff. I was in my 20's before I figured out we were special LOL. :)

But if it helps, I don't like acetylene welding and I am not very good at arc welding. :cool: ;)

I make a lot of custom furniture for myself and others. So if you live near me and need help, give me a shout.
Vancouver, BC :)
I TOTALLY know what you mean...

my father went further, and made sure we all got licenses in the fields...

I always was confused when tv dads blew up things when fixing it...

Last edited:
I TOTALLY know what you mean...

my father went further, and made sure we all got licenses in the fields...

I always was confused when tv dads blew up things when fixing it...
Mine might have done that too if they gave licenses to kids. ;)

Mine might have done that too if they gave licenses to kids. ;)
Well... I was 17 when I got my H3 mechanical license... I hold the unbreakable record of youngest NC licensee to pass the exam.
now you need 4 years of W2 employment to TAKE the exam... and ya gotta be 16 to get w2 employment with this career...

Naw, not sad... I started working with my dad at 5 years old rebuilding beetles in Iceland... rode horses at 6 ranching in Washington state, and then learned insect pest control in Iran at 10. ranched cattle in Washington state, and SD when I was 12, auto mechanics not long after, and moved to NC at 16, and learned HVAC and electrical... here, and qualified for the H3 license at 17... learned MSCE at 21, and ran a few computer shops, went retail, hen hat busted up, switched back to HVAC, and qualified for unlimited electrician license a few years back...
it is normal to me...
but it sure is hard to find employees that are even a little qualified...

Naw, not sad... I started working with my dad at 5 years old rebuilding beetles in Iceland... rode horses at 6 ranching in Washington state, and then learned insect pest control in Iran at 10. ranched cattle in Washington state, and SD when I was 12, auto mechanics not long after, and moved to NC at 16, and learned HVAC and electrical... here, and qualified for the H3 license at 17... learned MSCE at 21, and ran a few computer shops, went retail, hen hat busted up, switched back to HVAC, and qualified for unlimited electrician license a few years back...
it is normal to me...
It's not you I'm sad for, it's the people who don't grow up with the experiences we had.
I was given opportunities to dabble in many fields, followed one through school and into career, and keep branching out to new areas.
At home and on the back 40, I do everything myself.

it is normal to me...
Now add body building and power lifting and be a girl. Much more different.
You have trouble finding employees.
I have trouble finding boyfriends that are not intimidated by me LOL. ?

Now add body building and power lifting and be a girl. Much more different.
You have trouble finding employees.
I have trouble finding boyfriends that are not intimidated by me LOL. ?
I cannot imagine.
We men are a fragile lot. Mentally, that is.

I cannot imagine.
We men are a fragile lot. Mentally, that is.
Some are yes. But that is ok. Some just need more TLC is all. ;)
I will still let you open doors for me or open the ketchup bottle etc. ? ;) :) :cool:
LOLOL

What? You don't have a pair of channel lock hammers within reach wherever you are?

I wish I could take credit for that cool tool cabinet because I want one too ? I found the gif while looking thru other cool stuff.
@SherylinRM
Here’s a YouTube video making a similar one?
Noooooo. Sigh ok. And here I thought you were cool for a minute. LOL Just joking. Hey wait, ah heck, don't cry. I'm sorry. :)

That is a very cool tool holder. The one I made is not as cool as that one. Mine is more "practical" than cool. It is a wooden version of one of these. Tool cabinet

Noooooo. Sigh ok. And here I thought you were cool for a minute. LOL Just joking. Hey wait, ah heck, don't cry. I'm sorry. :)

That is a very cool tool holder. The one I made is not as cool as that one. Mine is more "practical" than cool. It is a wooden version of one of these. Tool cabinet
We don’t cry in southern Arizona gal. ☀️
We sweat big drops of tequila, put it in a shot glass over a dead worm, chug it down ?
Then we get back to business
? ?

Last edited:
Back