diy solar

diy solar

I thought Giandel was Good Stuff

Prometheis

Precise Chinese Engineering , that it would Blow exactly 18 months after purchase ?? Looks Mint inside still ... Waiting for a reply from Giandel USA.

Warranty replacement - Boat Anchor or spare parts now ....

MODEL : PS-2000KAR 18 month Warranty

Giandel isn’t top shelf but it’s pretty good mid-shelf product or excellent bottom self products depending on whether one has a propensity for getting angry about failures.

Did you check the onboard fuse?
Delving above my pay grade here, but I’ve seen vids of folks soldering in new mosfets and capacitors.

The mosfets are ‘transistors’ and while very dependable, they have a narrow range of tolerances for bad things we might create using inverters. Some ‘frequent’ inverter failures occur with repeated high-load cycling or driving them over 80% capacity for extended periods. High loads ‘coming on’ pushes the mosfets, and some people that actually know what they are talking about say that ‘spikes’ when high loads suddenly turn off can blow them.

All in all, though, even samlex, victron, and uber-priced excellent European products fail now and again. When we select items at 10% or 50% of the cost of top shelf products we have to accept failure (perhaps more often?) just as a real possibility and not a problem with the brand.

Yup, I went through a few sets of Fuses. It was not stressed in use as it was intended to run a backup single phase Pump, since I believe Water is Important, and in a blackout I wouldn't have power to my Primary 3 Phase pump. Also had a 300W Dimer circuit to LED house lighting. I did push it up to 48Amps in to test it a few times. I think the rev EMF voltage from the Inductive ( Transformer) load may have taken out the FETs. Strange if they didn't anticipate that in the Design. I don't have the schematics, and have not disassembled it to have a look yet.

Good News is : GIANDEL Honoured their 18 month Warranty ! Got the Brand New unit just Today . No Charge ... But they want me to make a Video from some reason. I get to keep the Failed unit, so I may be soldering in new mosfets and capacitors as Well.

did push it up to 48Amps in to test it a few times
In other words 5A at 120VAC?

Good to hear Giandel backed up their warranty.

Anyways-
My 1200W Giandel ran an 800W shopvac fine, and I tested it once with 1200W ‘fan heater’ which did fine for several minutes as well but I wouldn’t do that regularly. Didn’t do it again actually- I was fla then.

I used that 1200W Giandel for several years until I got a 1012LV-MK. The 1000W inverter- while good- was limiting in running any 120VAC tools. I got a 2000W QZRELB (Reliable brand) that also has been great, but more usable. It lets me run my smaller table saw and miter saw without issue though I think longevity would be served better if I got a 3000W… I’ve vacillated on that for months, however. At this moment, I’m intent on getting an LV6548 or 6048 from MPP for the shop and just making a separate system appropriate for those loads leaving the ‘house’ system to live its life gently and probably longer.

Yup, I went through a few sets of Fuses. It was not stressed in use as it was intended to run a backup single phase Pump, since I believe Water is Important, and in a blackout I wouldn't have power to my Primary 3 Phase pump. Also had a 300W Dimer circuit to LED house lighting. I did push it up to 48Amps in to test it a few times. I think the rev EMF voltage from the Inductive ( Transformer) load may have taken out the FETs. Strange if they didn't anticipate that in the Design. I don't have the schematics, and have not disassembled it to have a look yet.

Good News is : GIANDEL Honoured their 18 month Warranty ! Got the Brand New unit just Today . No Charge ... But they want me to make a Video from some reason. I get to keep the Failed unit, so I may be soldering in new mosfets and capacitors as Well.
If you’ve had such issues with the pump are you looking to replace this unit with a proper sized unit?

I’m guessing the inrush and reactive power demand is causing the issues.

Back