diy solar

diy solar

I want to build a 1200w grid tie solar system that I can plug into the side of my home.

As for saving energy, I can only save so much as it gets to be over 100F/37C here for about four months non-stop and there are others who live with me who cannot get too hot or they will get sick. I struggle to keep the ac at 82F/27C during this time inside and it still goes over the threshold.
Seems like you are located in the south. Each 350w solar panel will offset around $4 per month of your power bill under ideal conditions (all available solar energy is captured). 4 panels = $16/mo savings or $192/year. If you only spend $1000 on the system (unlikely) then it's at least 5 years until break even. I don't think it's worth it. Concentrate on improving your financial situation by working on attaining a higher paying job so that $150/mo power bills become affordable to you.

Seems like you are located in the south. Each 350w solar panel will offset around $4 per month of your power bill under ideal conditions (all available solar energy is captured). 4 panels = $16/mo savings or $192/year. If you only spend $1000 on the system (unlikely) then it's at least 5 years until break even. I don't think it's worth it. Concentrate on improving your financial situation by working on attaining a higher paying job so that $150/mo power bills become affordable to you.
Yea, that certainly make more sense. And I am, but it being unstable, I was hoping for a reassurance should it dip back down again. I'm grateful for the clarity and education I've found here.

Or is it more just "you're bill isint bad your ac is cheap suck it up" not that you would say something so crass, It's just the truth of the matter, I think.

Pretty much it. If saving money is your main goal, then there's much better ROI to be had elsewhere.

Back