diy solar

diy solar

Ideal charging parameters?

Lewi

I picked up this 40 amp MPPT from HQST.
1598967188469.png
My battery is using 18650's in a 3S60P configuration with a 60 amp BMS. While there is a LiIon setting, the manual says that it is optimized for LiFePO4. What would be the ideal settings I would use in my scenario?

Settings:
Full Voltage: 12.6V
Empty Voltage: 9V
Equalize: ??? volts
Boost: ??? volts
Float: ??? volts

How does one go about determining this information?

Thanks in advance!

Based on your voltages/package, I can only conclude you have Lithium NMC chemistry, which is toxic, flammable and can burst into flame if overcharged.

Equalize: disable
Boost: 12.15V (reduced to 4.05V/cell for safety/longevity)
Float: 12V

What's the intended use?

Based on your voltages/package, I can only conclude you have Lithium NMC chemistry, which is toxic, flammable and can burst into flame if overcharged.

Equalize: disable
Boost: 12.15V (reduced to 4.05V/cell for safety/longevity)
Float: 12V

What's the intended use?

Yes. These are NMC cells. These are the specs for the cells used.
1598969636207.png
There doesn't seem to be a "disable" for the equalize function. Just asks for a voltage. As far as intended use... This currently is my first foray into a modular solar setup. I have been going with micro systems before like the EcoFlow Delta. Will probably add a 300-600 watt pure sine wave inverter and call it a day. This will be a temporary setup so so I can get my feet wet on building a system.

Then set equalize to 12V and/or and 0 minute time.

With a low peak voltage and a typical inverter cutoff of 10.5-11V, you may not have a lot of usable capacity.

NMC is much better as a 7S 24V or 14S 48V configuration.

Then set equalize to 12V and/or and 0 minute time.

With a low peak voltage and a typical inverter cutoff of 10.5-11V, you may not have a lot of usable capacity.

NMC is much better as a 7S 24V or 14S 48V configuration.

Understood. Thanks for the help!

Back