diy solar

diy solar

I'm standing back and counting to 10 before changing away from Growat 5K es

Dskvid

Ramble about to begin:

So I love the latest and greatest, I was really excited about the EG4 6000 XP. My current setup is (1) Growatt SPF 5K Es, with Smart Transformer and 4 EG4 Lifepower 48Volt batteries. Its been running for 2 years in my basement with little problems, ( A couple of times the batteries completely discharged and system turned off). I have updated the firmware on the batteries and Growatt and so that issue has not repeated and the Growatt fans have really clamed down. I have everything in my house with exception, Water Heater, Stove , Oven, Dryer, Air Conditioner and baseboard heaters running through it. My main goal was not to get a phone while I was out of state saying, "We lost power and your not here" . LOL
So the single Growatt unit has provided enough power for everything else including, Well pump, pool pump, Frig, and all appliances . The EG4 6000 XP is only a small bump in power to 6k from 5K so i really should be looking at the EG4 12k which would be a excellent increase in power but for the cost is pretty substantial. So for me I am leaning towards adding another Growatt in parrel to increase max output to 10K for less that $800.00, that sounds like a deal to me. Actually I intend to get 2 more batteries and the EG4 6 rack holder which is close to the cost of the EG4 12k. Boy this is turning onto a good deal. What do you think?

Ramble ended

Either another Growatt (since you have that figured out), or two of the 6kxp's , would be good options.
I wouldn't even consider the 12kpv "8kw" (or anything grid-tied) , unless you want to go through the process of getting permits and approval from the county and utility company.

diy solar

diy solar
Back