diy solar

diy solar

inergy apex solar panel replacement help

Luvnot

I was one of those folks who pre-ordered the inergy Apex after seeing so many great reviews on the Kodiak on YouTube. I wanted something portable, and it seemed like the best decision at the time. I remember their solar panels were sold in kits due to some advertised proprietary configuration, so I bought 3. Now I need to replace one of them (lost in a storm), but am not sure if the proprietary issue was a sales pitch for the fancy EC8 connections, or not.
Does anyone else have an inergy Apex, and have they added solar panels from other companies to charge it? If so, what was your experience?
Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

As this brief thread's nearly a year old, I presume Luvnot's already sorted this out. But for anyone seeking the same answer....

I also purchased one of the first Apexes and got two of their Storm panels, which work well. However, I've also got two Dokio 300 watt foldable panels, which work better. Although general output's closer to ~220 watts each (lying flat on the grass with the sun sorta overhead), I've actually measured 320 watts during peak sun and careful orientation. But two panels outputting 220 watts into a parallel connector running into Inergy's EC8 adapter seems to work well with the Apex. It's certainly alot easier to drag out two ~20 pound foldable panels (with carrying handles) and three cables rather than five 17 pound Storm panels and their gaggle of wires.

Beware of sellers hawking single, small (~4' x 2') 300 watt 12V flexible panels, especially when sold without manufacture's spec labels.

Back