diy solar

diy solar

Is Renogy Going Out Of Business?

The main gist of this post is not about Renogy product quality.?
The main beef here is Renogys lousy, non responsive, mostly non existent CUSTOMER SERVICE by Renogy.
OH but NOW when largely exposed Renogy Solar comes back with,
"Renogy takes our products and customer service as priority"
NOW??? :LOL: OOOookay......:rolleyes:
Get as pissy as you want, load us down with lame excuses but this is the reality.

Last edited:
Funny I tried to contact you guys for an entire week about a failed DC to DC charger.. You guys could start by answering the phones and providing even a small level of customer service..I finally gave up and our customer returned it to Amazon.. He replaced it with a Victron that works perfectly..
Hello. Sorry for your experience. We are now trying our best to optimize our customer service, including phone service. Rome was not built in a day. Let's watch this space.

Hello. Sorry for your experience. We are now trying our best to optimize our customer service, including phone service. Rome was not built in a day. Let's watch this space.
Lol………
let’s see how long has your company been in business?? ?
17 years….Interesting ?

Renogy Information
Website
Employees65 ( View all )
Founded2005
Address2775 E Philadelphia St, Ontario, California 91761, US

Lol………
let’s see how long has your company been in business?? ?
17 years….Interesting ?

Renogy Information
Website
Employees65 ( View all )
Founded2005
Address2775 E Philadelphia St, Ontario, California 91761, US
Maybe spend a bit less on marketing and give the customer service team a bit more of a budget...

Hi there. I'm an official of renogy. Kindly remind that we won't go out of business. And Renogy won't bring any trouble to any customer's warranty. Could you help provide the forum name or the post link so that we will follow up? Many thanks.

Thanks again for bringing this up to our attention. Any further question, you can contact us by support@renogy.com.
Glad to hear that... I have just bought a lot of stuff from Renogy, mostly on Amazon.ca, as their site kept failing to take my payment. Kept getting a mesage they had problems at their end... Doing DIY on my 28 foot RV Trailer.

Sent dozen of emails and still no reply. So I order most of the stuff via amazon.ca. I have One item paid on Renogy Site, but not fufilled and not a single response. Threaten to cancel and still no response..... Just in case I duplicated that item on amazon.ca....

Last edited:
Glad to hear that... I have just bought a lot of stuff from Renogy, mostly on Amazon.ca, as their site kept failing to take my payment. Kept getting a mesage they had problems at their end... Doing DIY on my 28 foot RV Trailer.

Sent dozen of emails and still no reply. So I order most of the stuff via amazon.ca. I have One item paid on Renogy Site, but not fufilled and not a single response. Threaten to cancel and still no response..... Just in case I duplicated that item on amazon.ca....
Sorry you are having such issues with them. Only time I heard from them EVER was when I posted/started this thread. Prior to that, it was nothing. Looks like they are back to their ole selves. Seems like it is the new normal for many companies. However, it just burns me that they saw this thread on a popular forum with thousands of eyes on it and THEN & only then do they respond to me via on here and NOT any of my repeated messages before. I wish you luck.

My order went missing at the couriers depot, after sending proof Renogy are now going to resend it to me as a new delivery. Took a few days to sort out, will advise what happens next.

Renogy ignored my request to cancel the one order on their site, despite opening a dozen cases. Well, when it arrived, I refused delivery and I got proof that they got the unit returned.

Now waiting to see how long it takes to process that. I would not recommend buying from their web site. If you need their brand, go via amazon and have prime. It a small purchae 148.00, after a few weeks of no action, I just do a force refund via my MC.

Renogy ignored my request to cancel the one order on their site, despite opening a dozen cases. Well, when it arrived, I refused delivery and I got proof that they got the unit returned.

Now waiting to see how long it takes to process that. I would not recommend buying from their web site. If you need their brand, go via amazon and have prime. It a small purchae 148.00, after a few weeks of no action, I just do a force refund via my MC.
Or simply spend your hard earned $$ someplace else that's reputable and that you don't have to worry about. ;)

You seem to have issues with everything, not just Renogy. I have ordered a couple thousand dollars from Renogy either on Amazon, eBay or direct Zero problems. My only issues with them is the price varies from one source to the next and you need to shop with that in mind.

You seem to have issues with everything, not just Renogy. I have ordered a couple thousand dollars from Renogy either on Amazon, eBay or direct Zero problems. My only issues with them is the price varies from one source to the next and you need to shop with that in mind.
Do you work on commission? :ROFLMAO:

I only had one issue with renogy. Their biggest problem is replying to ur request. This seem to be common with most non north American companies.

Case Number: 00445139
@Renogy Solar

Hi,

Could you intervene to resolve the above case. The Solar suitcase was returned to Renogy by the courier with no delivery attempted by the courier. I sent over proof the courier returned it to Renogy and it was agreed with Renogy support via EMail a new identical replacement 200w eclipse suitcase (without controller) would be shipped. This has not yet happened with no confirmation it has been shipped. Could you please advise and progress this promptly, thanks for your help.

Renogy were very helpful but two delivery companies both failed to deliver & went MIA and got a refund in the end. We have never had any issues with deliveries until this and don’t live in the middle of nowhere. Ordered direct from Amazon and arrive Monday now.

Oh gosh, and so many of those "simple research" efforts are viewing unsubstantiated empirical FUD. Nothing can be verified. Over in the other forum. A guy told me. My uncle had one..

Again, in an anonymous media, your bad customer service claim cannot be verified. Or if it can, for many it might be considered unreasonable contributing to the FUD factor.

OR, do we find out that the purchaser went through a non-authorized reseller, worst-case being from the back of some guy's van?

Fortunately, only about 0.0005% of forum posts affect overall sales.

I welcome Renogy's presence, and just hope that they don't go absolutely insane trying to offer help and service with the usual barrage of crap that gives DIY'ers a really bad rep as cranky cheapskates.
You have had at least 5 persons on here with personal issues that weren’t resolved.

Unless you are a Renogy sock puppet let it go.

You are not the omniscient arbiter of all things Renogy on the internet.

I have ordered 450W and 320W panels this year from Renogy via Home Depot and all went well. Panels working fine thus far.

Good morning. Our products are definitely rugged, LOL. Don't worry about the rumor. And thank you for your support. Have a great day!
Everything I own is Renogy except for my batteries. I have had no problem with any of their stuff and I buy all my stuff from Amazon used. I think most of it is returned items or opened boxes. So far everything looks and works as new.

Pretty sure nobody was disputing the quality of most renogy products.......It's the Customer service that is what is poor to unacceptable.
I too have renogy panels and have had zero problems for many years, glad I never had to deal with their poor CS. ;)

Last edited:
Back