diy solar

diy solar

Is there a version of the EG4 monitoring app, to be used on computer? 6000XP

JimGSolar

I have the 6000XP dongle communicating. I can see the data and charts on my phone (really small screen), and on a tablet, which is useable. But can I access this info on the computer somehow? I would think navigation would be even better with the mouse, bigger screen, etc.

Not so easy for me. I have the monitor up on my pc and the dongle on he 6000xp inverter is showing green. But how do I start using the software? I have signed in and it keeps asking for the SN (dongle or 600xp?) and I can;t get it to show it is online. It appears in my wifi list but how do I connect? Thanks for any advice.

Not so easy for me. I have the monitor up on my pc and the dongle on he 6000xp inverter is showing green. But how do I start using the software? I have signed in and it keeps asking for the SN (dongle or 600xp?) and I can;t get it to show it is online. It appears in my wifi list but how do I connect? Thanks for any advice.
I set mine up a couple days ago and I believe it's the 6000XP serial number you use. Once you plug in that info it knows what to read. In the app, look just below the MONITOR tab and you'll see a box to check "SELECT STATION FIRST". I gave mine my name, the type in the inverter serial number in the box next to that. This should get it reading your 6000XP.
Also, when you go to the MAINTENANCE tab you will need to click on READ (next to the serial number) every time you go to this tab. I think this is for those with multiple inverters, so it knows which one you want to look at. I kept thinking something was wrong, it didn't seem to keep my changes. Turns out I was wrong, I wasn't telling it where to READ the info!
Mind you, I'm only a few days into this adventure, I'm still learning...

I set mine up a couple days ago and I believe it's the 6000XP serial number you use. Once you plug in that info it knows what to read. In the app, look just below the MONITOR tab and you'll see a box to check "SELECT STATION FIRST". I gave mine my name, the type in the inverter serial number in the box next to that. This should get it reading your 6000XP.
Also, when you go to the MAINTENANCE tab you will need to click on READ (next to the serial number) every time you go to this tab. I think this is for those with multiple inverters, so it knows which one you want to look at. I kept thinking something was wrong, it didn't seem to keep my changes. Turns out I was wrong, I wasn't telling it where to READ the info!
Mind you, I'm only a few days into this adventure, I'm still learning...
You are a day ahead of me, just set up yesterday. Only the green Wifi light is lit on the dongle and the wireless link sometimes shows in my list of wifi connections using the dongle serial number. Once it showsup, I open the EG4 app in the browser, enter the station name and whatever SN I enter just get blanked out when I hit RETURN. It does not appear to let me log in so no readings or data is showing up. Any ideas??

It is as if I am not logged in on the web site although my name appears on the Maintenance page with the offer to log out. I even logged in at 2.4 Ghz but thaat does not make a difference. When I try to change a setting on the pc, I get NO PERMISSION so I can't modify anything.

Back