diy solar

diy solar

Is this "overpaneling"? Help me understand.

sale666

Hi all!
Im a bit confused about one thing about the inverter max PV input that says 9000wp
I really cant figure out how do you get to this 9000w?? Every configuration i make is overvoltage or over current!
For example the inverter has 2x 12.5amp inputs and a max of 600v and max i got was like 5500w by choosing panels that fit the bill.
Than it made me question if lets say you set a 15 amp array to the inverters 12.5 input would the inverter simply just use 12.5 and thats it?
As far as i understand current is not pushed but drawn so the inverter will use the max available? Correct?
P.s. its a huawei inverter

Thanks and sorry if its a dum question

Yes, the charge controller draws current per the MPPT algorithm, the panels don't "force" current. On a clear day the panels may be capable of more but the charge controller will ignore it. However, by over paneling, cloudy day performance is improved.

As an example: A PV series string is designed for 550Voc (never exceed 600V even on the coldest day) and 500Vmp. Imp of the panels is 10A.
500V x 10A = 5,000W. You could connect 2 of these arrays to the 9000W charge controller with both Volts and Amps well within the stated limits of the charge controller.
10,000W/9,000W = 1.111 the above arrangement would be 11% overpaneled.

Yes, the charge controller draws current per the MPPT algorithm, the panels don't "force" current. On a clear day the panels may be capable of more but the charge controller will ignore it. However, by over paneling, cloudy day performance is improved.

As an example: A PV series string is designed for 550Voc (never exceed 600V even on the coldest day) and 500Vmp. Imp of the panels is 10A.
500V x 10A = 5,000W. You could connect 2 of these arrays to the 9000W charge controller with both Volts and Amps well within the stated limits of the charge controller.
10,000W/9,000W = 1.111 the above arrangement would be 11% overpaneled.
Ahhh ok got it!
So even in the manual huawei tells you you may overpanel thats good!
Ok understood!
Thanks for the time to answer!

Back