diy solar

diy solar

IS THIS WHAT I SHOULD EXPECT ?

BackTOschool

tellsteve2@gmail.com
Hello,
I've just mounted my solar panels and I'd very much appreciate someone to spend a couple of minutes to check if my results are to be expected.....
Here's the spec:

Solar self build Generator Spec:
300Ah LifeP04 battery, max continuous charge rate 150A <
150v/70-Tr Victron SmartSolar charge controller ( settings checked, look good )
12v/1200W Victron Phoenix Inverter VE.Direct
All appear to be working fine.

Solar array spec:
Panels x 6 mounted as 3 series x 2 Parallel, mounted 3 facing east and the other 3 facing west, there is no shading at any time, however obviously the sun does move from one side to the other during the day.

Each panel spec:
Panel Rating: 330w
IMP: 10.2A
Vmp: 32.6
ISc: 10.9A
Voc: 39.12

Panel Cable used:

6mm 1800v ( 10AWG ) PV cable to wire array. (I believe its max capacity is 30A)

I have taken the battery down to a low leve
l so as to do a full days charge,

The KS energy Uk image below shows a snapshot of charging at 1.00pm today.

The smartsolar image below shows the charge results for a whole day. the weather was mostly cloudy, with a little hazy sunshine now and then.

Also yesterday complete charge cycle, it was again mostly cloudy with a little light rain. please ignore the 2 and 3 day value.

QUESTION: Are these the results I should expect and everything is working as expected for this time of year?, or should I be seeing significantly more Watts ? Amps ? or Volts?
Do you see a rookie mistake screaming at you?

Thank you for taking your precious time.

kind regards
Steve

2.jpg1.jpg

Solar production on cloudy, hazy, raining days is going to be poor. Especially if it is during the money hours of 10am til 4pm. So nothing jumps out at me that you have a problem. Wait until you get a sunny day and if you do not average at around 75% panel rated wattage midday than there may be a problem.

Back