diy solar

diy solar

ISOLAR-SMX-II-5.6KW dead after firmware update

It was finally the EASUN POWER EU VAT-FREE Store where I ordered my unit which responded to my request and sent me the requested firmware, without battery (mixload) 6.35 version (which I do not recommend to use) and the regular firmware with battery 6.17 version which works well for me.

Attached is the regular firmware (with battery) 6.17 version for EAsun SMX 56KW.

Attachments

• HF4850S80H_56KW_20220825_2141_V6.17_2.zip
    56.7 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
Reactions: SuB
I tried with a printer usb cable,do you mean something else

The USB printer cable is the correct one.

Do you have Windows or Linux?

I was talking about checking if it was still possible to read the modbus registers as I explained in the post below :

If you are using Windows you can try to read the registers of your unit with the GModbus application.

GModbus free software
GModbus manual
USB-to-Serial CH340 driver

This works for me with my EAsun SMX 5.6KW in version 6.17.

1) If you have not installed the iPower application it is necessary to install the USB-to-Serial CH340 driver (links at the top)
2) Connect a battery or the AC input or both (to be tested)
3) Put the switch to ON
4) Connect your PC to your EAsun with a USB cable (the same as for printers) you should see the COM port of the EAsun appear in "Device Manager" for me it is the COM3 port (note your COM port number)

CH340 COM3.PNG

5) Open the GModbus application
6) Configure the "Serial port settings" part with the correct COM port number then click on "Connect to port" (you can already see if the connection is accepted)

GModbus RTU serial connection.PNG

7) Configure the "Read Modbus" part then click on "Read registers"

Read firmware and boot loader version.PNG

8) If it is still possible to communicate with him you will have an answer in the table on the right with the version of the firmware and the boot loader (for me 6.17 and 2.01)

GModbus results firmware and boot loader.PNG

If that doesn't work then it's really no longer possible to communicate with him.
Probably the motherboard will need to be replaced.

Below is the photo of the motherboard :

1676657207974.png

Thank you very much,but I am not had to do anything
I sent it back,the reseller hopefully, took the responsibility!The update was his idea and I replaced it with an other brand inverter, seems better
I am gonna tell him to do your way
I had a connection at a USB port,the app I had ,recognized the inverter but I couldn't make anything so I am curious if the inverter needed batteries to communicate with...I hadn't

Last edited:
Hello. I run the GModusbus and this is the result.SMX 2 5,6 KP.jpg
I want to mix AC with PV if possible. If not I think i am going to sell the inverter.

Last edited:
Hello. I run the GModusbus and this is the result.View attachment 135433
I want to mix AC with PV if possible. If not I think i am going to sell the inverter.

It's an SMX 5.6KP ? so parralel version ?

According to the reading of the modbus registers it would be a version 2.08 with a boot loader 2.01. Can you see that on your unit's screen?

I don't know the default version for the 5.6KP model.

Have you done a firmware upgrade?

I have a 5.6KW with 6.17 firmware. According to my various readings I think that it is not possible to make a real mix of AC and PV inputs with an EAsun SMX. I haven't tested it myself, I could be wrong.

Last edited:
It's an SMX 5.6KP ? so parralel version ?
I dont know
According to the reading of the modbus registers it would be a version 2.08 with a boot loader 2.01. Can you see that on your unit's screen?
Yes I can see that on the screen
I don't know the default version for the 5.6KP model.

Have you done a firmware upgrade?
No I dont. I dont have other firmware.
I have a 5.6KW with 6.17 firmware. According to my various readings I think that it is not possible to make a real mix of AC and PV inputs with an EAsun SMX. I haven't tested it myself, I could be wrong.

Hello.
I have this, but I haven't dared to update it yet
:)

A word of advice, before upgrading, make sure you have the correct firmware as well as the original firmware to be able to roll back if necessary.

You have to ask the seller.

It's also a 2.08 version for 5.6KP ?
Inverter 5.6 KP Sent software for seller 6.35 mixload. It was not recommended to upload it here in the forum. Original for me soft 2.08. bootloader2.01. (date 2022.09...) If I had the original, I would post it immediately on 6.17 or 6.35 .

Inverter 5.6 KP Sent software for seller 6.35 mixload. It was not recommended to upload it here in the forum. Original for me soft 2.08. bootloader2.01. (date 2022.09...) If I had the original, I would post it immediately on 6.17 or 6.35 .

I think you should stick with 2.08 and use your AIO with a battery.

There is a risk of bricking your AIO or losing the parallel options with 6.35 and maybe also 6.17 (5.6KW) but if you want to experiment why not, I would have liked to be able to do it on a test unit but my AIO is in production and works fine for me with 6.17 so I don't change anything.

I think you should stick with 2.08 and use your AIO with a battery.

There is a risk of bricking your AIO or losing the parallel options with 6.35 and maybe also 6.17 (5.6KW) but if you want to experiment why not, I would have liked to be able to do it on a test unit but my AIO is in production and works fine for me with 6.17 so I don't change anything.
I don't need a parallel option. Batteryless mode, which should be used, or to mix the pv input. According to the seller, it mixes the 6.35. I'm afraid it won't turn on after soft. In the absence of original software, I will still consider updating.

Hello. I will share my experience with SMX-II-5.6KW firmware. I tried all three firmware.
6.35,63.3 and 6.17
6.35 - kills the battery,
63.3 is a more gentle mode, but still a constant charge discharge.
With a load of 2 kW from the panels, there was a kilowatt and 1 kW from the network. and 12a from batteries. measured with current clamps at the input and output.

Back