diy solar

diy solar

Issue with JBD BMS and discharging

KolinCancer

I have 3 cloudenergy 150ah 48v batteries in parallel and it seems which ever one i set as slave 2 drains abnormally. This morning i changed the dip switch so i have a master and 2 slave 1's. anyone have any idea if this wil work and or why ive been having this issue

not having experience with your batteries but i will say that with my DIY packs of which 2 packs are brand new Winstons that are well balanced will drift on which one gives up more kWh's each day. they vary as much as 15% from each other and the third bank which is an older CALBS pack that are about 5 years old (bought used) can vary another 5% up or down compared to the other two packs.

many of the premade packs cannot balance between packs, (without additional comms cable's. My BMS's do not balance between packs unless I was to buy a special controller of some sort between each pack, however their cell level balance is fine.

All three batteries run to a bus bar which is then ran to the inverter. Im determing soc by the display on the battery and occasionally thru the pc program which gives the same soc as the display

All three batteries run to a bus bar which is then ran to the inverter. Im determing soc by the display on the battery and occasionally thru the pc program which gives the same soc as the display
Thats a bit extreme and i think it is simply the way your BMS reads state of charge is wonkey. I would then charge each of them individually through the shunt and see how much each of them take to recharge to full.

3 JBDs...
Data from SA and photo of shunt I verified multiple times with my clamp meter...
Photo taken within seconds of screenshot.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240410-190846.jpg
    Screenshot_20240410-190846.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20240410_190903.jpg
    IMG_20240410_190903.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 8
Back