diy solar

diy solar

JBD 4S 200A BMS - heater function?

ericfx1984

Solar Enthusiast
I can't seem to figure out the heater function on the JBD 4s 200a BMS...

So is there a setting or do they automatically turn on heat pads(if attached)?

I think the contact is automatically turned on when one or more of the temp sensors detect a low temp. Maybe around 0 deg C. I suggest that you put a meter across the terminals ( DC voltage range ) and cool one of the temp sensors down. If no voltage present then switch to resistance measurement and check for continuity. The manual should tell you the current capacity of the contact.

for continuity.

Last edited:
Manual? What manual? Mine just came with the harnesses and some pink foam.

I need to figure out all this too for my camper battery builds...

I do remember on my JK pieces of krap that the software let me set a start and stop temperature, I'm hoping these will do the same.

First of all, the heating function only works if the battery is connected to an active charger. The best I can tell, if it's connected to an active charger, when the BMS senses the temperature has reached your "Charge under temp Trigger Value" setting, it simultaneously turns off the Charging Port and connects the ground to the H- terminal which will turn on your heaters if you have them connected properly. Once the temperature reaches your "Charge under temp Release Value", it disconnects ground to the H- and turns on the Charging Port again.

The problem I am having is that I have some fixed "Gate Operator" batteries connected to mine and these batteries are connected to

Mroinge MBC022, 12V 2A Lead Acid & Lithium(LiFePO4) Automatic Trickle Battery Charger Smart Battery Maintainers

and once the battery is full (which is 99% of the time), the maintainer goes to sleep and the BMS does not sense that it is connected to a charger and the heaters do not activate.

If anyone has figured out a way around this issue please let me know. I am going to start another thread asking just this question.

Back