diy solar

diy solar

JBD 4S 200A BMS

You may need a newer version of the app. I know I had to get a newer version of the PC software to set some of the settings for the 150 amp model.
Finally got it all working, it works well although it stops discharging if the charging is disabled. That's a shame really as there's buttons for both in the app

So I understand this correctly, the battery will disconnect at the under temp? in discharge mode? that makes no sense, should be the cutout temp.
discharge shouldn't matter, I thought @DJSmiley confirmed nothing happened, only special things happen at charge, not discharge

To be honest, I did test low temp charge protection, but not DIScharge at low temps.

I did assume it works just as the 120A version: Only charging is suspended with low temp, discharge works. However, it might be different for the 200A model.

I've another on the way, if no-one hasn't confirmed/busted this I'll test once I have it.

To be honest, I did test low temp charge protection, but not DIScharge at low temps.

I did assume it works just as the 120A version: Only charging is suspended with low temp, discharge works. However, it might be different for the 200A model.

I've another on the way, if no-one hasn't confirmed/busted this I'll test once I have it.
Hope someone can confirm. This seems like a perfect design

This is the one I have, I've also got 2 heat pads from Aliexpress that are rated at 12v 50w so should be less than 4 amp, I've just lined the battery box with them and it fits well
what size box? i found the pads they look perfect, what size lipo are u going for 280 or 304?

Yesterday I was just testing my set up before install and I did notice when I put the sensor end in ice with salt that the discharge switch was on while the charge switch was off.

Hopefully I'll get the batteries install tomorrow and I'll know for sure.

Yesterday I was just testing my set up before install and I did notice when I put the sensor end in ice with salt that the discharge switch was on while the charge switch was off.

Hopefully I'll get the batteries install tomorrow and I'll know for sure.
cant you just use a volt meter and ohm the connections and see if they disconnected?, how are you testing it now? a psu?

I was only able to hook up a charger to the bms. I didn't have anything to load it with until I get it installed.

Screenshot_20211112-185858_Drive.jpganyone no what this function is used for?? I can't find any information on it.

So I understand this correctly, the battery will disconnect at the under temp? in discharge mode? that makes no sense, should be the cutout temp.
discharge shouldn't matter, I thought @DJSmiley confirmed nothing happened, only special things happen at charge, not discharge
I've got the latest app that lets you change all the parameters. I've found that if you get an over voltage or turn off the charge button in the app with the discharge button still on it actually stops discharging as well. I think this is because there's only one set of Fets and its a single port bms and for it to discharge while the charging is turned off it should be a split port BMS

what size box? i found the pads they look perfect, what size lipo are u going for 280 or 304?
I made the box from some plywood, it's bigger than the cells as I've used ply and threaded rod to compress the cells and put this inside the box

I've got the latest app that lets you change all the parameters. I've found that if you get an over voltage or turn off the charge button in the app with the discharge button still on it actually stops discharging as well. I think this is because there's only one set of Fets and its a single port bms and for it to discharge while the charging is turned off it should be a split port BMS
Doesn't that make the heating function useless? Why are there 2 toggles then

Think about this, the only time you need heat is when your under freezing. but then you can't use the battery? so say it hits 32F i want charging to turn on on heat and go up to 40F etc. So I need to go in and and change the cold temp cutoff to be able to use it below 40? then change it again before i start charging. that doesn't remotely seem right.

I hope someone can figure this out, this looks perfect, but this battery is going in an rv for me, outside. I just camped at 20f for a week.

I was able to work with the bms this morning and think I have it figured out.

I was applying a 124 amp load during the test. I had the low charge cut off at temp 3c. I used a glass bowl filled with ice. I turn off all the temp sensors except one. I placed the sensor in the ice and put a little salt on top. While I was watching the app I saw the temp go pass 3c into the negative and wonder what the heck is going on. Pulled the sensor out and recheck and applied the settings. Tried two more times. On the third time, I was looking the battery over and out of the corner of my eye I caught the app showing the discharge switch on the app turned off and my inverter shut down. I noticed the temp on the sensor was a negative 11c. The charge switch was still showing green. I thought your kidding me what is going on that was different than yesterday. Thought the only difference was I had a charger hooked up to the C- instead of the inverter and convertor hooked up today.

Thought since this is only using one port for the discharge and charge, I lowered the amp draw to 5amp and turned the converter on to 20amp, and what do you know. This time as the temp went pass 3c the charging switch switched off.

So my thought is which ever is higher the load or charge and goings outside the perimeter setting will turn off the corresponding discharge/charge switch.

I was able to work with the bms this morning and think I have it figured out.

I was applying a 124 amp load during the test. I had the low charge cut off at temp 3c. I used a glass bowl filled with ice. I turn off all the temp sensors except one. I placed the sensor in the ice and put a little salt on top. While I was watching the app I saw the temp go pass 3c into the negative and wonder what the heck is going on. Pulled the sensor out and recheck and applied the settings. Tried two more times. On the third time, I was looking the battery over and out of the corner of my eye I caught the app showing the discharge switch on the app turned off and my inverter shut down. I noticed the temp on the sensor was a negative 11c. The charge switch was still showing green. I thought your kidding me what is going on that was different than yesterday. Thought the only difference was I had a charger hooked up to the C- instead of the inverter and convertor hooked up today.

Thought since this is only using one port for the discharge and charge, I lowered the amp draw to 5amp and turned the converter on to 20amp, and what do you know. This time as the temp went pass 3c the charging switch switched off.

So my thought is which ever is higher the load or charge and goings outside the perimeter setting will turn off the corresponding discharge/charge switch.

To be honest your confusing me.

you applied a load of 124 amps. that's a discharge, so why would you expect it to cut out at 3c? thats a charge cutout, not a discharge cutout, they are different settings.

on the 3rd attempt you were at 11c, I believe(don't quote me) the default low cut off for discharge is 10c, and thus why your inverter cut, as it went below the discharge cut out setting

then your turned on your converter and started charging, you pulled 5 amp, but charged at 20, giving you a 15 amp charge rate. and thus it cut correctly at the 3c you had set

it sounds like the unit is working properly.

The only thing you haven't tested, was to make sure the heating port is turning on below the charge cutout temp

I also don't understand why your adding salt to water, especially on top? adding salt reducing water freezing temp to about 28f but it has to be mixed.

I have heating pads hooked up and yes they started to heat.

Adding salt to ice lowers the temperature a lot and fast.

More or less this is to help me learn/understand my setup and how it will work in my camper and I'm just sharing my experience.

:)

Does anyone know if they make a bluetooth monitor that works with these jdb BMS, I'm not a huge fan of having everything tied to a phone.

They do have a seperate LCD as option so you don't need a phone

However, I personally don't see the benefits. Once setup properly basicly the only thing you want to know is an accurate SOC. And that's not the best with these BMSses. I prefer a decent coulomb meter. ( the cheap chinese one Will reviewed last year, a Junctek or if you want to spend some more money a Victron BMV)

They do have a seperate LCD as option so you don't need a phone

However, I personally don't see the benefits. Once setup properly basicly the only thing you want to know is an accurate SOC. And that's not the best with these BMSses. I prefer a decent coulomb meter. ( the cheap chinese one Will reviewed last year, a Junctek or if you want to spend some more money a Victron BMV)
appreciate the link

i use one of these

actually sell a surface mount box for it,

do you know if they offer a bluetooth version?

but yea your comment makes sense, i figure i shouldn't need to touch it.

Back