diy solar

diy solar

JBD-AP20S006 16S wiring

Hamburger33

i have a JBD-AP20S006 and i need a wiring diagram in REAL ENGLISH FOR A NOVICE

The bms has a couple of connectors that are not showed on the diagram from the manufacturer. i have messed up the first BMS by crossing 2 wires. I don't want to do this again. its too costly and troublesome.

i need someone to give me the simplified version of the wiring please.

HELP!

i have a JBD-AP20S006 and i need a wiring diagram in REAL ENGLISH FOR A NOVICE

The bms has a couple of connectors that are not showed on the diagram from the manufacturer. i have messed up the first BMS by crossing 2 wires. I don't want to do this again. its too costly and troublesome.

i need someone to give me the simplified version of the wiring please.

HELP!
Check your messages. I have ...004 version from May 2021.

Hello,
I wired this BMS yesterday and it works.
You connect the first wire (black) to minus of the first cell
then up to cell 13 the next cables to plus. Join 14-18 on cell 14 plus. Cable 19 to cell 15 plus and cable 20+21 to cell 16 plus. That's it.

Hello,
I wired this BMS yesterday and it works.
You connect the first wire (black) to minus of the first cell
then up to cell 13 the next cables to plus. Join 14-18 on cell 14 plus. Cable 19 to cell 15 plus and cable 20+21 to cell 16 plus. That's it.
i got all the balance wires connected as you said and as the picture from the other post. i checked the voltage from the battery with out the BMS and its 52.3 volts. then i checked the after passing through the BMS i get 7 volts. i think it should be 52.3 as before it was going through the BMS. i read somewhere it should be the same voltage after passing through the BMS.

I have two of the BMS. One shows at an input voltage of 52.7V and output 25.3V and the other shows 52.7V. I just asked in China what that could be.

I have two of the BMS. One shows at an input voltage of 52.7V and output 25.3V and the other shows 52.7V. I just asked in China what that could be.
the way i read the instructions is its says to : 1. connect main positive and main negative then connect the balance wires or otherwise you might blow it up. i wired all the balance wires up and they are right as a believe. but not connected into the BMS. i checked the voltage. its 7 v. the way read it it should be 52.3. i have not connected the balance wires to the BMS yet.

hello sir, can you please send me also manual of this JBD-AP20S006 BMS. i just receive this unit but no manual included on the box. thank you

Attachments

• 848B3FEB-AF91-4940-8D19-6CD4651DA142.jpeg
    848B3FEB-AF91-4940-8D19-6CD4651DA142.jpeg
    94.3 KB · Views: 163
  • BCAE3A96-1816-44EC-9647-F3A2BE13CC8D.jpeg
    BCAE3A96-1816-44EC-9647-F3A2BE13CC8D.jpeg
    181.6 KB · Views: 166
the way i read the instructions is its says to : 1. connect main positive and main negative then connect the balance wires or otherwise you might blow it up. i wired all the balance wires up and they are right as a believe. but not connected into the BMS. i checked the voltage. its 7 v. the way read it it should be 52.3. i have not connected the balance wires to the BMS yet.
The instructions say to disconnect the harness from the BMS, then wire the ends in order per the diagram, then verify that you have increasing voltages at the connectors, then connect the connectors to the BMS. I think you are doing that already.

When you check the harness, you can put the meter return wire on the first cell's negative lug. As you probe each harness connector in order, the voltages you see should be an integer multiple of the cell voltage (e.g. with 3.2v cells, the voltages will be 0, 3.2, 6.4, 9.6, ... 51.2).

At what point do you have 7V?

The instructions say to disconnect the harness from the BMS, then wire the ends in order per the diagram, then verify that you have increasing voltages at the connectors, then connect the connectors to the BMS. I think you are doing that already.

When you check the harness, you can put the meter return wire on the first cell's negative lug. As you probe each harness connector in order, the voltages you see should be an integer multiple of the cell voltage (e.g. with 3.2v cells, the voltages will be 0, 3.2, 6.4, 9.6, ... 51.2).

At what point do you have 7V?
I wire all sensor wires correct as best I can tell. Tested voltage cell 1 ~ 16 all going up 3.x volts. Final voltage is 52.6 voltage. At the battery terminals. I then test voltage after oassong through the BMS. I get 7v.

I can then connect the battery to the inverter. The inverter will power up. I checked the voltages on the inverter lcd screen. It show voltages for charging 60.v. I see the factory default is set to flooded battery's. I Change the battery type to Lipo4. The clicking stopped. I believe the inverter and BMS were in conflict resulting in the BMS clicking as a safety measure.

But now I can't change the battery type on the renogy Bluetooth app. It asked for password. I input password. I can change battery type to lipo4. I can change string to 16s 48v. But it won't take it. It's factory set to 16 volts.

Suggestions?

Check your messages. I have ...004 version from May 2021.
I just received my JBD AP20S006, and I also received it without a manual. I've contacted the vendor (Docan), and hopefully they will reply back with a PDF.

In the meantime, mind if I bother you for the 8S instructions, if you still have the manual handy? My two harnesses look a bit different than the photo you posted above (the color of the wires is different), but assuming the order is the same, this hopefully isn't an issue.

1659572474156.png
1659573093207.png

i did not get a manual either. i like the people at docan but the chinglish manuals and crappy translations is horrible. i got 2 JBDs i ordered both the same but when they come i got 2 different ones. also i got 2 different wiring harnesses. i think the colors mean nothing. its starting at 1 and on to the end 20 or 21 that is important. but that is only a guess. there seems to be several different types. i think it could be from batch 1 batch 2 and so on. they vary a bit. also i can't not get the app to show each cell. before i had a iphone and it would word better than now the android i got. i do need an app that can work with all functions.

Amy from Docan Power replied (prompty, I might add) with a PDF with instructions, including separate wiring diagrams for 7S - 20S. If anyone else needs these instructions, let me know. I don't know if it's acceptable to post the PDF here. I did, however, post images for 8S and 16S, which might be useful for others reading this thread.

If I have further questions for the forum, I'll start my own thread (since I'm doing 8S and this one is 16S). Thanks, all!

1659576690241.png1659576754638.png

Last edited:
I am running one of those on an 8S pack. You have to follow the wiring exactly and the correct number of cells will propagate. My wire harnesses looked just like the photo posted. On the small harness the last two reds go to #8 positive last yellow to #7 positive and a group of wire from both harnesses go to #6 with the next whites to the #5 through #1 Positive and first black on Negative pole where B- also goes.

Last edited:
I am running one of those on an 8S pack. You have to follow the wiring exactly and the correct number of cells will propagate. My wire harnesses looked just like the photo posted. On the small harness the last two reds go to #8 positive last yellow to #7 positive and a group of wire from both harnesses go to #6 with the next whites to the #5 through #1 Positive and first black on Negative pole where B- also goes.
we have the same set-up. on 200ah JBD-AP20S006 BMS for 24v 200ah lifepo4 battery.

Hi, I have the JBD-AP20S006 BMS. Can anyone tell me what the connection in red circle is for. When I translate the Chinese markings corresponding to this connector I get "discharge switch"

Attachments

• AP20S006.png
    AP20S006.png
    445.4 KB · Views: 22
I think it is an optional switch you can install. If it were on a yard machine or small motorized thing it would lock out the power (discharge).

Back