diy solar

diy solar

JBD BMS app does not work

I'm still a bit confused by the way this works, but this is what I've found:

This (the xiaoxiang BMS) is a Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) device. You need to NOT connect it to your phone via the Bluetooh settings. It cannot be a recognized Bluetooth device if you try to connect to it as a BLE device from the App.

I discovered this because of another BLE device I was having trouble with. I deleted it from my Bluetooth devices on my phone, and bingo it showed up as a device in my app settings.

Regular Bluetooth: connect via your phone's Bluetooth settings
BLE: connect ONLY via the app associated with that device

I'm still a bit confused by the way this works, but this is what I've found:

This (the xiaoxiang BMS) is a Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) device. You need to NOT connect it to your phone via the Bluetooh settings. It cannot be a recognized Bluetooth device if you try to connect to it as a BLE device from the App.

I discovered this because of another BLE device I was having trouble with. I deleted it from my Bluetooth devices on my phone, and bingo it showed up as a device in my app settings.

Regular Bluetooth: connect via your phone's Bluetooth settings
BLE: connect ONLY via the app associated with that device
just exploring JBD 4S 12V 200A BMS .. for Lifepo4 Battery , and want to see how to adjust some setting of the BMS via that app. Is this the app folks are talking about here (posting picture) ??? If so, that app has poor reviews, so I wonder what is up.

Attachments

• xiaoxiang BMS.jpg
    xiaoxiang BMS.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 17
just exploring JBD 4S 12V 200A BMS .. for Lifepo4 Battery , and want to see how to adjust some setting of the BMS via that app. Is this the app folks are talking about here (posting picture) ??? If so, that app has poor reviews, so I wonder what is up.
The Android version of the app has some issues, but after I got used to it's quirkiness I've been happy with it. I haven't used the one on the Google Play Store though, as the only time I tried it was pretty out of date. The one on the Overkill Solar web site is the one I mostly use.

There are others that are less quirky but provide only basic monitoring, and not ability to make adjustments to the settings: Liontron Multi and Aolithium. I have both of these installed, but don't use them much. Aolithium doesn't even let you see the individual cell voltages, but Liontron does.

I have the Xiaoxiang iPhone app to control a JBD BMS, but it is read only (shows voltage, cell by cell), prompts me to buy the "pro version" for $10. Happy to buy it if it's the way to go, but I'd rather know if there are other apps that work too. Are there other apps to try out first?
I tried to download the desktop version on the Overkill website, but that takes me to GitLab and the link won't open. Otherwise I have only seen references to the Android version. Anyone know of more options?

Attachments

• 1649779867955.png
    1649779867955.png
    33.1 KB · Views: 11
Anyone have or can help or walk me thru truly step by step I have a 8s-20s 500amp ant bms and I can't either get app to work or bms to connect to either computer or my pixel 5...any help greatly appreciated. Here pic.

Attachments

• PXL_20220412_161031051.MP.jpg
    PXL_20220412_161031051.MP.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 6
You should start a new thread with "ANT BMS settings" in the title. This is a JBD thread that belongs to someone else with their own issues.
Okay got the full Xiaoxiang full app, and looks good (thank you). Lots of settings to be entered, but like Luther72 I'd like to find a step by step guide to choosing what to enter. (my first LiFePO4 battery). I expect all this has been covered in threads before, but would really appreciate knowing where to find such info. I am reading the Overkill manual and learning what I can from it.

Okay got the full Xiaoxiang full app, and looks good (thank you). Lots of settings to be entered,

Back