diy solar

diy solar

Jbd bms attachment what for?

workbox

Today I have got 120a jbd bms arrived with some sort of sensor see picture. What for and how do I connect please?

Attachments

• 20230731_064925.jpg
    20230731_064925.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 15
That's the one that detects all your WiFi data and sends it to the Chinese :ROFLMAO:

Seriously though, I'd assume you have a manual that will detail what / where it goes?

From a quick google, to me it looks like a thermostat with a 60 degree C cut-out.

My JBD (the overkill one) didn't have that sort of sensor - I just got 3 regular temp sensors.

That's the one that detects all your WiFi data and sends it to the Chinese :ROFLMAO:

Seriously though, I'd assume you have a manual that will detail what / where it goes?

From a quick google, to me it looks like a thermostat with a 60 degree C cut-out.

My JBD (the overkill one) didn't have that sort of sensor - I just got 3 regular temp sensors.
no manual. The bms comes with two temperature sensors already connected. Yes I assume this is high temperature sensor however no idea where should I connect there is no plug but two naked wires.

Most odd - google search seems to refer to it being for 240V, 5A, so don't see how you'd use that for a high current DC battery system.

Maybe it fell into the package by mistake? Can you not google for a manual for your specific JBD?

Most odd - google search seems to refer to it being for 240V, 5A, so don't see how you'd use that for a high current DC battery system.

Maybe it fell into the package by mistake? Can you not google for a manual for your specific JBD?
I found similar thread with manual and looks they ship these sensors with each bms.

And someone posted images for the exact sensor but still no clue.

And someone posted images for the exact sensor but still no clue.
@Supervstech said it was an over temp sensor switch - which fits with it being a 60 degree thermostat.

Now you just have to work out where to stick it and what to wire it to ;)

If my google search is correct and it's only 5A, you don't want to be putting it in series with your dc leads!

Back