diy solar

diy solar

JBD SP8S004 8S 24v 150A BMS

I beefed up my wires and ran 180 amps for almost 30 min, BMS ran a lot cooler.

One of the negative terminals in the middle of my 4S pack is hot to the touch, way hotter than the BMS. The battery cell is not any hotter than the others, I made sure everything is tight, and the bus bar connected to that terminal is also hot. It doesn’t seem to affect the performance, although it seems like it would almost have to. Does anyone know why this would happen?

when tightening the busbar wiggle it around to get a better connection. do it on one side. do it on the other side. then install it

This has been my first battery build, and it's been an adventure.
I love this BMS, and the app is unreal. The Bluetooth is so good that I can monitor the system from my neighbors house across the street. Emily at JBD has been a great help and the EVE 280Ah cells are amazing. Still a few tweaks, but happy with everything so far.

Attachments

• 20210508_161141.jpg
    20210508_161141.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 65
It is the same for me...1st build and using EVE cells and the JBD 150. So far so good. I love the app as well, it is so convenient. It is ana amazing amount of battery power in a small footprint.

I am having issues now. I think I have either messed up the JBD 150a BMS or locked the software up somehow. I am running an iPhone and I can connect to the BMS over bluetooth, but it just says "Waiting for data". I can't draw a load from the battery bank either, BMS just shuts down and voltage goes down. I had turned the battery off with the software and have not been able to get it back on. Any ideas?

Last edited:
I am having issues now. I think I have either messed up the JBD 150a BMS or locked the software up somehow. I am running an iPhone and I can connect to the BMS over bluetooth, but it just says "Waiting for data". I can't draw a load from the battery bank either, BMS just shuts down and voltage goes down. I had turned the battery off with the software and have not been able to get it back on. Any ideas?
Do you have any updates? I got the same BMS. Any input and thought would be appreciated.

Do you have any updates? I got the same BMS. Any input and thought would be appreciated.
I ended up troubleshooting with the company I bought it from, and I tried an Android phone with no luck. I have ordered an identical BMS and it is supposed to arrive June 10. This time I ordered the Com port so I can connect to a computer, as the seller believes I could unlock it with a computer. I will provide an update once I get the new BMS.

Does this come with the wiring harness for the balance leads? I can’t tell from the aliexpress listing

Also, I’m building two totally separate systems with JBD BMS, is that a problem for the mobile app? Is can you switch the app to connect to two different BMS over Bluetooth?

Does this come with the wiring harness for the balance leads? I can’t tell from the aliexpress listing

Also, I’m building two totally separate systems with JBD BMS, is that a problem for the mobile app? Is can you switch the app to connect to two different BMS over Bluetooth?
You should ask. I would assume that it does, the two different models of JBD BMS I purchased both did. I can't speak for their aliexpress store, but for their Alibaba store they are quick to answer questions and a step above in knowledge. I did confirm this is the manufacturers aliexpress store, just FYI.

Yes, it does. (I think the packaging is horrible.)

Attachments

• IMG_20210528_130410.jpeg
    IMG_20210528_130410.jpeg
    375.6 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20210528_130602.jpeg
    IMG_20210528_130602.jpeg
    440.7 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20210531_153343.jpeg
    IMG_20210531_153343.jpeg
    463.8 KB · Views: 22
Yes, it does. (I think the packaging is horrible.)
I bought the 4S version and it came with a balance harness and also two harnesses for the heater ports on the v1.5 board. FYI, the heater ports support up to 10watts of power draw each.

I thought I would report back on the JBD 150a I purchased from Ali Express from “Shawn Best”. This has turned out to be a horrible experience. The first BMS locked up somehow, and I could not unlock the software no matter what I did. The support from “Shawn Best” was “the worst”. After some back and worth, I agreed to pay for a second BMS at a slightly discounted rate, as it isn’t worth it to send back for repair (shipping cost is too much). This one was defective right out of the box. Shawn Best had me verify wiring, claimed that I didn’t have the B- connected and then entered a claim on my behalf, editing the pictures so that they showed that B- was not connected. I have received no refund and no service. I would not buy from Shawn Best again and I will be posting my experience on a different post here to warn others. As far as the JBD 150a, it was great while it was working. I don’t know if my experience is typical and I really wanted the 150a to work as I loved the Bluetooth and the current draw was just right for me. I am not sure what I will buy next.

Back