diy solar

diy solar

Jinko 570W Bifacials.

Nobodybusiness

Solar Sponge.
Saw this and thought maybe some of you all might want them.

To wide for my ground mounts.

Know nothing about the panels or the seller so Caveat Emptor.

They are in TX

If I had a place for a ground mount I'd be interested in stuff like this, but ya know...

Those look like they use "clear" plastic for the backing and not glass? That automatically drops efficiency by 20% from back if so.

Edit: that does have advantage of making them a lot lighter then they otherwise would have been.

Last edited:
That is a good deal!

One thing I've noticed about these big panels is they're almost always a higher voltage which can be a bit tricky for MPPT selection.

1719258243818.png

Higher voltage VOC (and ISC) panels is I believe going to be the trend. It is why so many AIO manufacturers are building inverters with two to four MPPT's. The proper series/parallel strings taking into account both VOC and ISC can be managed

Higher voltage VOC (and ISC) panels is I believe going to be the trend. It is why so many AIO manufacturers are building inverters with two to four MPPT's. The proper series/parallel strings taking into account both VOC and ISC can be managed
I think these 50+V are prob designed for commercial inverters where strings can go beyond 600V and where you can still do decent lengths.

That's Christopher Beenes shop. It's near me, and where I get nearly all my panels. He has some great deals.

Last time I was there he had a ton of these coming in. Wish I had more room :)

Magic plywood.
It really is. I've often pondered this.

For not much more than than cost of a sheet of plywood you can buy something with a 25 year warranty to make power while living outside the entire time. No oil to change, no bearings to grease or air filters to replace.

And not just a little bit of energy, but a really impressive amount. My math says it could make around 18,000 kWh in it rated life. Wow!

diy solar

diy solar
Back