diy solar

diy solar

JK-B2A24S in Parallel question

hb48

Hi, looking to get confirmation if running JK-B2A24S in parallel will be an issue.

First JK connected to first battery pack, second JK connected to 2nd battery pack. Both battery packs are high voltage, same voltage and same aH and will be individually charged to 80% SOC. Each of the JK connected to a bus bar and that bus bar is connected to a charger and system.

I assume there is no specific setting or connection between the JK BMS, it should just work in theory. Understand some recommend individual T-fuse per pack for inrush safety but will the JK function in this parallel manner?

In the diagram the Green anderson connector connects to Charger/System.

Thanks

Attachments

• JK-BMS-Capture.PNG
    JK-BMS-Capture.PNG
    101.8 KB · Views: 16
Thanks thats what i wanted to confirm, i wasn't sure if there is some hidden setting or some CAN connection required between the two.

I did notice if both are not fully charged to the same level the other battery will discharge quickly to charge the other in a quick test when i flipped the charge/discharge on the second battery. Hoping after both are fully charged to the same voltage it will behave and discharge at the same time and charge properly.

The concern i have is the battery charger and how it will behave charging two separate batteries on the bus.

There are certain circumstances where they may not current share load evenly (even with proper wiring) so as long as you don’t need to exceed one BMS worth of current you’ll be fine.

Thanks, I did a little test today and it went well.

Any chance you know where I can find the latest manual which has information on the version 11 hardware and software settings. JK simply does not respond to email sadly.

Thanks thats an older one, i have a couple different version of that. I'm looking for a new updated one which has some of the newer parameters which show up in HW/SW v11.xx that that 10.x didn't have. I can't figure out how to get an updated manual and some of the videos doesn't really explain it either.

Any idea where there might be an updated manual?

Possibly check out the resources on Andy's Off Grid Garage. References to many JK-BMS resources there as well.

What settings/parameters are you referring to?

Yea i've seen some of his videos but even he isn't sure on some of the features b/c he doesn't use them. The new v11 has some SOC % that version 10 doesn't have and a sleep mode and always on display I'm hoing to get more info on. The SOC % doesn't make sense b/c it won't let you set it lower than the UVP which should never be 0%. In any case just curious about these settings and what they do.

Yea i've seen some of his videos but even he isn't sure on some of the features b/c he doesn't use them. The new v11 has some SOC % that version 10 doesn't have and a sleep mode and always on display I'm hoing to get more info on. The SOC % doesn't make sense b/c it won't let you set it lower than the UVP which should never be 0%. In any case just curious about these settings and what they do.
Understod.
I run JK-BMS' (2) units.
JK-B2A24S20P model.
HW: v11.XW
SW: v11.287
No issues, mostly following Andy's and a few others' recommended settings.

Yea, it's working fine now, just have to make sure they are both near the same voltage before turning both on the same bus. Seems to be working so far. Just would like to know more about those features and how they are used. Wish JK would respond or put out new manuals frankly.

The new BMS is same HW version as you but SW version is 11.288, of course no change logs of any kind to know what the delta is. Similar to the Android app no release notes.

Understod.
I run JK-BMS' (2) units.
JK-B2A24S20P model.
HW: v11.XW
SW: v11.287
No issues, mostly following Andy's and a few others' recommended settings.
I have noticed something that is not right about this BMS version 11. I have Balance set to On just like version 10. In version 10 it shows Balance On at the top just like it does with Charge and Discharge which are also on. In this new version it shows Balance Off, no matter how many times i toggle it on and off it remains off. Could you possible check this on yours to see if it behaves the same. I suspect it will turn on only when it actually balances but its odd behavior.

Ok thanks, I just wanted to confirm b/c the older version 10 regardless hows Balance ON all the time if you toggle it on, whether it is balancing or not. This is good to know i thought i might have a faulty JK unit

Back