diy solar

diy solar

JK B5A25S60P BMS

Henderson

Solar Enthusiast
Does anyone have experience using the JK B5A25S60P BMS? Would appreciate some feedback in terms of how it works, how effective is it at balancing large capacity 48V LifePO4 batteries and any documentation that may be available for that model. Thanks in advance.

That model number doesn't exist, on the JK site.
I can only find it on AliExpress.
Makes me wonder if it's a clone.
Or a typo.

Thanks for the replies. It is indeed odd that JK doesn't list it on their website.

I’m also very interested in this one. Curious why it needs contractors if it can communicated cell states to inverter via rs485 or canbus and thus inverter/charger can control charge/discharge?

Also how would one wire it if the charger and load are the same device?

Going to use with victron multi or Quattro.

It only needs contactors if you want the BMS to independently protect the battery pack.
If you can ensure, that the inverter stops charging / discharging when the BMS sends its pack values, then you could simply not connect the contactor pins.

I want to make it redundant, so if the inverter fails to stop charging / discharging the BMS will cut off the battery. Currently the inverter and BMS don't communicate in my case. The BMS threshold values are simply configured a bit higher / lower than the inverter values.
But I hope to make the communication BMS -> MPP Solar MPI 10K happen.

It only needs contactors if you want the BMS to independently protect the battery pack.
If you can ensure, that the inverter stops charging / discharging when the BMS sends its pack values, then you could simply not connect the contactor pins.

I want to make it redundant, so if the inverter fails to stop charging / discharging the BMS will cut off the battery. Currently the inverter and BMS don't communicate in my case. The BMS threshold values are simply configured a bit higher / lower than the inverter values.
But I hope to make the communication BMS -> MPP Solar MPI 10K happen.
Hello,
Is it possible to connect this bms in common port?
The only connection diagram I could find has 3 connections for 3 coils 1 x charge, 1 x discharge, 1 x precharge!

Hello,
Is it possible to connect this bms in common port?
The only connection diagram I could find has 3 connections for 3 coils 1 x charge, 1 x discharge, 1 x precharge!
Yes, it is possible. I simply took a jd2912-1z-12vdc and connected everything so that only if both relays (charge and discharge) are open then the big 500A relay switches to open.

Yes, it is possible. I simply took a jd2912-1z-12vdc and connected everything so that only if both relays (charge and discharge) are open then the big 500A relay switches to open.
Hello
I had the same idea, but there is a big unknown....
Let me explain: if we install 2 separate relays instead of the charging (C+C-) and discharging (D+D-) relays with cascaded closing contacts that would control a common port relay, it should work!
But would the "H+" and "K+" pilot wires, which I believe control the presence of voltage at the charge input, conflict with the BMS operation?
Since they would "almost" always be powered by the common port?
Intuitively, I would say that there should be no problem: it would be equivalent to a separate port installation with a charger "almost" always powered.
BUT...what do you think?
Greetings

In the manual of the JK-B5A25S-60P I can't find an H+ wire.
However, it is running fine since about 2 months now as I described above.
The over- and undervoltage-protection is also working fine, I already tested this (by accident).

Actually I don't understand how the relays should impact the function of the BMS in any way. It takes its power from separate wires which have nothing to do with the main positive and negative connection.

In the manual of the JK-B5A25S-60P I can't find an H+ wire.
However, it is running fine since about 2 months now as I described above.
The over- and undervoltage-protection is also working fine, I already tested this (by accident).

Actually I don't understand how the relays should impact the function of the BMS in any way. It takes its power from separate wires which have nothing to do with the main positive and negative connection.

For the pilot wire, I am sending you the link

because the format does not allow to load the image !!!

Could you please pass on the manual?
Strange, apparently this is a new version of my BMS. I just saw the JK-B2A25S-RP BMS has the wires you are talking about.
I have the JK-B5A25S-60P version. If you look at the photos you see, that there is no H+ and H- on this version.
Attached is the manual of my version.

Attachments

• JK-B2A25S-60P--JK-B5A25S-60P.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 58
Strange, apparently this is a new version of my BMS. I just saw the JK-B2A25S-RP BMS has the wires you are talking about.
I have the JK-B5A25S-60P version. If you look at the photos you see, that there is no H+ and H- on this version.
Attached is the manual of my version.
Thanks for the manual,
but do you connect the driver downstream of the contactor?

Attachments

• BMS JK-RP.jpg
    BMS JK-RP.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 57
Thinking of the same b5a as we may need cont discharge greater than 200a (boat motors plus other boat functions).
I'd probably be happy with 300a, but can't find a BMS of that size for 16s - are there any good ones out there I've missed?
Otherwise, how has your b5a been going?

Thinking of the same b5a as we may need cont discharge greater than 200a (boat motors plus other boat functions).
I'd probably be happy with 300a, but can't find a BMS of that size for 16s - are there any good ones out there I've missed?
Otherwise, how has your b5a been going?
QUCC has 2 BMS models that is rated at 500A so should be good for your 300A project. Their 500A BMS uses a relay. Then there's Daly (uses Mosfets) which also has a 500A BMS but based on what I've read, Daly seems to be very hit or miss.

Back