diy solar

diy solar

JK BMS balancing wires connector?

tonyg

Hi fellow DIY-ers,
I would like to add fuses for the BMS sense wires, and thus change the wires altogether. I've got confirmation from Hankzor that the wires don't need to be equal in length, but max length is 150cm (see screenshot attached).
Screenshot_20221207_175156_com.alibaba.aliexpresshd_edit_29298186134590.jpg
My question is, do you know what sort of plug connector is the BMS using for the sense wires? (Photo attached) I've been searching to buy, but been rather unsuccessful...
IMG_20221207_161558.jpg

Last edited:
Fuses aren't needed. The wires are small enough to be a fuse if something went wrong.
At the available fault current, the wire will vaporize instantly.

That's right, I've read so on the forum and it makes sense for large currents over the small wires, but hear me out... I need to extend most of the balance wires and thought of doing it using dinkle connectors. But then I found similar connectors that can house cartridge fuses and thought why not?
I need to extend the wires anyways...

My concern would be added connection points. Which translates to possible failure points.
But if you really want to do it. Look at how Andy done it with a terminal block.

How's that a point of failure? Other people think otherwise.
For example Andy from the off grid garage on YouTube has fuses as well.

My concern would be added connection points. Which translates to possible failure points.
But if you really want to do it. Look at how Andy done it with a terminal block.
That's what I just mentioned before I even saw your reply. Spot on!!! And I want to do something like that, replacing the inline fuses with fuse holders instead of connectors.
However, I'd like to know that connector name and type from the BMS, if anyone knows...

That's right, I've read so on the forum and it makes sense for large currents over the small wires, but hear me out... I need to extend most of the balance wires and thought of doing it using dinkle connectors. But then I found similar connectors that can house cartridge fuses and thought why not?
I need to extend the wires anyways...
I have 144 small batteries with a fuse for serial, it cost lot's of money in hardware to do it and I don't know the reason for 150cm cable length but fuses increase resistance a lot, not the fuse itself but the holder so do a test with a couple of fuses.

How's that a point of failure? Other people think otherwise.
For example Andy from the off grid garage on YouTube has fuses as well.

Any connection is less reliable than a straight run of wire. If the BMS loses connection to one cell, the pack shuts down. If the connection is resistive, the BMS is seeing an incorrect low voltage and may shut down.

diy solar

diy solar
Back