diy solar

diy solar

JK BMS: canbus AND/OR rs485

Just to update here - I did get another "Low Voltage" adapter and my new 3rd BMS is working fine and communicating to my VENUS OS via USB The newer BMS sw screen does specifcally call out RS485 but the GPS port seems to work the same. So first they sent me the Hi Voltage model, then I got a bad Low voltage model, then my second low voltage model worked.
I have had fits with getting my rs485 adapter to work with one of my battery bms's. At one time I had 6 bms's and their batteries connected to solar assistant. One quit working. I have tried 7 different rs485 adapters like you have pictured from 4 different suppliers, and I can't get the last one to work again. Did I get unlucky and get sent 7 bad rs485 adapters? Also, how can you tell whether you have a high voltage model or a low voltage model?

@piper18o The low voltage adapters are only needed if you have a 12v or 24V battery JKBMS (4s to 8s) . If you have a low voltage RS485 adapter model the writing on the front should say "low voltage" in Chinese like my previous picture or the newest one I got of my 3 actually has the JK model number on the front like this: IMG_3708.jpg

Back