diy solar

diy solar

JK PB2A16S20P Temp Sensor Abnormal Alarm

Carly

Recently installed this BMS with 24v 8S Eve 280s and Victron Multiplus 3000 with CerboGx. Everything seems to work, but there's a minor issue:
  1. Temperature sensor alarm (yellow on the app, red on 4.3" screen) has been on since installation
  2. Temperatures appear to reading normally on app (~25 c) BUT...
  3. Temp sensor 1 and 2 seem to be reversed in the BMS - I have them installed correctly, but when I touch sensor 1, the app shows sensor 2 temp increase & vice versa.

Seller requested I send photos of how it was connected, which I sent. After doing some basic troubleshooting (re-seating connections, restarting, etc.), I ordered a second JK PB2A16S20P. And I continue to have the exact same issue. The hardware and firmware were the same (I just returned the first one - was refunded within 4 days, btw).

Does this sound like a possible firmware issue? EDIT: Currently Hardware V15.XA and Software V15.21. I don't have the adapter to upgrade it yet, but that's the only thing left I can think of to try.

Thank you.

Last edited:
I had the same problem with the same HW versions , mine came with 15.12 though so not sure if you have a typo there since I dont think 5.21 was publicly available.
I did the upgrade to 15.24 (there is a 15.27 too but that one breaks some things I have read, 15.24 seems so far the "best" although it also has its problems in multi battery setups), but the alarm stays.
Btw after upgrading to 15.24 my hardware version is not 15.A , the X disappeared.
After investigating some more, the alarm arises from the fact that he wants all 4 battery cables plugged in, if he does not detect all 4 temps sensors he complains.
Even if you have configured an 8S config.
Sadly I do not have compatible connectors (anyone know what type it is ?) to make dummy connectors to plug in fixed resistor value (seems to be 10K) , so for now I just plug in the original cables(seems fairly easy to at least detach the red cables from the connectors by lifting the plastic retainer)

diy solar

diy solar
Back