diy solar

diy solar

DIY 280AH battery JK BMS JK-PB2A16S20P Canbus to SMA 5048

Update, boring, nothing has happened, batteries are balanced, they charge and discharge with no alarms on the BMS or the SI's. The Gels are for the scrapman I think but their shortfalls are a dim and distant memory.

Update, boring, nothing has happened, batteries are balanced, they charge and discharge with no alarms on the BMS or the SI's. The Gels are for the scrapman I think but their shortfalls are a dim and distant memory.
Nice. I ordered one. Hoping it gets here this week.

Hi seems you done a lot of testing on this BMS. Im trying to make it work with WOW protocol... but it just reboots as soon as I plug the rs485 cable. Is RS485 working at all for inverter comunication?

video of the problem, Also using your same case! ;)

Hi seems you done a lot of testing on this BMS. Im trying to make it work with WOW protocol... but it just reboots as soon as I plug the rs485 cable. Is RS485 working at all for inverter comunication?

video of the problem, Also using your same case! ;)
I have not tried RS485 to an inverter only a PC, with a PC the JK app acts differently with the Dip switch setting. Set to 0 then the PC app allows you to change all the settings and see the battery data but no parallel battery info, set to 1 then no access to settings only parallel info. So try changing you dip to 0 or 1.

Found the ref to the 1V error

Final comment in the thread is

So it is a problem even in the later models.

I'm in the process of trying to integrate a Victron SmartShunt, ESP32, and Pylontech protocol using ESPHome. When I first got comms working, I noticed the missing 1V, and thought there must be some bug in my canbus code.

I wonder if SI is intentionally targeting a volt lower to account for big loads switching off when close to 100% SoC, to give itself some breathing room?

diy solar

diy solar
Back