diy solar

diy solar

Junctek battery monitor KG160F with very remote display

Manfredi

Hi energy mates,

my PV plant and batteries is located in a garage, far away from the home. I decided to install a KG-160F to measure battery current/voltage and SOC, but it does not make sense to have the display in the garage.
So I decided to try a long cable run to connect the measuring box, near the shunt and the batteries, to the display located in the house. The cable lenght is around 53 meters, and ... SURPRISE SURPRISE ...
the display WORKS perfectly!
The main 45m trunk was realized using 30+10+5 ethernet cable of SFTP type, 2 ETH RJ45 couplers, while the first 2m and last 6m is realized with flat 4-wire cable (not shielded) with final RJ9 plug. The RJ45 cable runs for 30m in same bundle with power cables, doubly insulated, there are 7 of them. To spend less in such long run, I used aluminium cables of 16mm2 and 25mm2., so a big bundle has resulted around 5cm diameter. To improve the immunity to lightning and other issues like EMP, an aluminium foil was wrapped around the aerial portion of the bundle.

Honestly I was surprised, things work well at such a long distance, even brightness of display is good, and I left the 80% default value of brightness.:oops:

Hope this positive experience could help other that need to place the Junctek display far away from control unit with BT.

Ugo

I’m impressed, here I am thinking I’d be able to extend my JK display a few feet lol.

Hi, this is the aspect and brightness of the Junctek display after 53 meter of extension cable.

Attachments

• outside.jpg
    outside.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 21
  • Inside cover.jpg
    Inside cover.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 21
Back