diy solar

diy solar

junction box for inverters in split phase?

justinm001

Solar Addict
Sorry for blowing up this forum this week lol but trying to finish my electrical plans.

I'm a bit ashamed on how bad the wiring looks into my inverters and have things like neutral wiring going from one inverter to the other. Now my system is all working properly I can finish the project and secure all the wiring with proper conduit. I'm running 6ga wire for in1 (50a Shore) and out2 (50a buddy plug) but 4ga wire for in2 (20kw genny) and out1 (100a main panel).

For code compliance am I able to run all 4 breakers and all 4 sets of wiring into a single large junction box/cabinet? Is it ok to mix AC and DC? Does it need to be steel or does plastic work?

My plan is to put it right under the inverters and screwed into the inverters bottom which they're mounted on a bracket so the enclosure will be suspended in the air and all wiring coming out the sides/bottom to their sources.

Attachments

• 20230804_211541.jpg
    20230804_211541.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 9
Is something like this safe to use? Every time i see anything for car audio I cringe. Say to split my neutral and ground shore/genny to both inverters in an enclosure? https://a.co/d/hHWLoL4 Then mini-din dual pole breakers for the inputs.

Back