diy solar

diy solar

EG4 48V 3K, two in parallel, single phase... output options

mikes68505

Seeming taking forever but unfortunately is as time permits. Have Solar panels and wiring figured out, have battery bank figured out. And for the most part have the input worked out (at least for initial implementation). Issue and details for output and wiring, i.e., the two EG4 3k units in parallel, singe phase 120V.
design concept:
1) 10/3 wiring for output, from each inverters, to sub panel 2... considering 4-6 slot small panel box.
2) use two 30A breakers for incoming power, each sending 120V, 3000w // 25A.
3) available then is 120V, 6000w // 50A single phase at sub spanel 2.
4) out going to include:
4.1 - 30A breaker line to existing distribution center.
4.2 - 20A breaker line to sub panel 1.

Thoughts are that since I already have the 30A distribution center, but also a sub-panel (prepped for inverter but not completed, labeliing that sub-panel 1.) I could wire 120V 30A to main, 20A to sub panel, along with split off some things to sub-panel 1 like 2nd Air Conditioner and Microwave, perhaps garage plug ins (my office).

Appreciate input.

Last edited:
Eg4 3k can be paralleled. As long as you follow the instructions for parallel, it should work. The problem is if one breaker trips. Parallel is broken, and it may get confused.

Eg4 3k can be paralleled. As long as you follow the instructions for parallel, it should work. The problem is if one breaker trips. Parallel is broken, and it may get confused.
Thanks Rich. Do you have 3K units or just a general reply? Very interested in hearing about how the output is wired from each, on route towards RV distribution center. I've seen from simply line joins to combiner sub panel but haven't found the detail regarding wiring, sizes, and/or splits to sub panel. Any add on information is helpful. Updating my diagram.

I have a sol-ark. No experience with the eg4. Look at the wiring diagram for the sol-arks, and it should be similar.

Wire sizing from an inverter can be based upon its limit. Wiring from the combiner can be based on max load for that circuit (with appropriately sized fuse).

I have a sol-ark. No experience with the eg4. Look at the wiring diagram for the sol-arks, and it should be similar.

Wire sizing from an inverter can be based upon its limit. Wiring from the combiner can be based on max load for that circuit (with appropriately sized fuse).
Thanks, will review.

Next up is solar panel side of the project... 8 Rich Solar 200w 24v panels. :)

Thought I'd follow up... specifically looking for options on how to connect or combine, join the two outputs.
I've seen where the two are just twisting together, joined in combiner box, or brought into 30A breaker in a panel.
Which is best recommended?

Combiner box, or into the breaker panel with each having its own breaker. Easier to service.
This... ?
Inv1 120V (25A) out to Inverter subpanel 30A breaker.
Iv2 120V (25A) out to Inverter subpanel 30A breaker.
- then from panel (should have 120V 50A available) ...
separate 30A breaker to RV main WFDC distribution center.
Separate 30A breaker to DC sub panel.

??

Idea is to split off 2nd Air conditioner and Microwave to DC subpanel. Perhaps also the garage area outlets.
Appreciate your thoughts.

Breakers protect wire. So wire/breaker rated for 30 amps should safely handle 25 amps continous. That is just for the ac side. Don't know about your dc side.

Breakers protect wire. So wire/breaker rated for 30 amps should safely handle 25 amps continous. That is just for the ac side. Don't know about your dc side.
Thank you. Getting closer and closer to testing.

For DC side, think covered.

Attachments

• 20240106_192750.jpg
    20240106_192750.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 8
  • 20240106_192813.jpg
    20240106_192813.jpg
    199.4 KB · Views: 8
  • 20240106_193712.jpg
    20240106_193712.jpg
    176.6 KB · Views: 8
Back