diy solar

diy solar

Kepworth 12v 300Ah "mini" $550 (15.1x7.5x9.6 or 385x190x245mm)

Interesting things about the manual that came with this battery; there isn't a 300ah battery listed in the manual. There's a 320ah battery though.
Page 27 shows the 320ah battery as having a 200-amp bms but page 34 says the 320ah battery has a max continuous discharge current of 320 amps and 640 amp 5-second discharge current.

I might increase the load today and see what happens.

Attachments

• IMG_0242.jpg
    IMG_0242.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0243.jpg
    IMG_0243.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 11
If only I had the nerve to do that.
I ran it pretty hard yesterday, with a 307-amp load for 60 seconds, a ten minute recovery period and a 430+ load for 5-6 seconds at which time the bms shut down.
I followed the instructions in the manual; disconnect all loads and let the battery rest for 30 minutes. Somewhere around 20 minutes later it came back to life all by itself.
I charged it to 14.4 volts and to a 6-amp tail current. Just for fun I slowly increased the charging voltage to check the high voltage cutoff and the bms cut off at 15.0.
So I'm assuming there's a bms inside.
Like the prize inside a box of crackerjacks.
I looked on Amazon to see what specs were listed and it shows this battery as being currently unavailabe. But they have a 400ah battery. Holy electrons, Batman.
I didn't check for the Kepworth website advertised low and high temperature sensors.

I noticed that Amazon showed "unavailable" for this battery when I looked it up. Has anyone else here bought one?
I can't find anything negative to say about it but I'm not anything close to being knowledgeable about lifepo4 batteries.
I'd like to see the innards but I'm too chicken to open it up.

I emailed kepworth and they said that for two they would be $495/each shipped and that they had them in stock in the US. I replied asking for more details like cell type/brand and what kind of BMS it has but I haven't received a response to that question yet. Super tempting at this point but would really like to see one of the youtubers tear one apart to make sure the build quality and components aren't total crap.

I have a PowerQueen 100AH Mini... why does that 300AH battery look almost the same size as a regular 100AH? The 300AH I'm looking into is three times the size of that Kepworth. Unless they've managed to make larger cells even more compact, I would definitely do some research on these. As for Kepworth, I've got little to no information on them. I don't know anyone who bought their type of battery (same as Flyypower batteries).

This battery is a lot larger than the 100ah mini. The dimensions are 15" long, 7.5" wide and 9.65" tall. I kepworth told me they are using prismatic cells. The battery box dimensions are similar to the DIY box for the 280/300ah cells.

I just noticed that these are offered on Amazon again after being out of stock for a while.
Note; I'm not the seller and I don't get anything if they get sold.
So far it looks like I'm the only person to leave a review for the 300ah battery.
Thanks to the person who researched the cells and bms.

The 300ah Pionergy battery is about 20 X 9.5 and 9” tall. The 300ah Kepworth is about 14 X 7.5 and 10” tall.

Attachments

• DDD9AF17-EDCF-4D1D-8E53-BEBE88CE770D.jpeg
    DDD9AF17-EDCF-4D1D-8E53-BEBE88CE770D.jpeg
    239.7 KB · Views: 7
Im seeing these 'mini 300ah' from 3 other brands on Amazon (maybe more, im lazy). I really like this form factor for my RV which currently has 460ah which probably takes up 4x this much space for 50% more capacity? Heh.

One
Two
Three

FYI, the Keepworth 300ahr lowered the price, sold out, and removed the listing. Not sure if this is related to simply no stock or if the mini 300ahr experiment will not continue. The other two listed above are still available.

It looks like it's available again, $589-$80 coupon.
Has anyone else bought one?
Mine is in the basement, paralleled with my Pionergy 300ah battery and powering my 3000-watt inverter-charger. So far, they're playing together nicely.
Next step is to connect my two 100ah lifepo4 batteries in parallel and see how everything works.

I'd love to see the innards of this battery. I'm too much of a wimp to whack it open though.

If only I had an X-Ray machine, or maybe a set of those X-Ray glasses that used to be advertised in the comic books (if you're old enough to remember comic books and X-Ray glasses).
1710087155546.png
These were usually on the same page as the surplus WWII Army Jeep in a crate. I wanted one of those too.

1710087336776.png
A friend wants to buy my two 100ah batteries which are three years old but they still check out at 304 amp-hours each. I was thinking if I got $200 for the pair I'd only need to cough up around $320 to have another Kepworth. I'd have a 900ah battery bank at full charge.

FYI, the Keepworth 300ahr lowered the price, sold out, and removed the listing. Not sure if this is related to simply no stock or if the mini 300ahr experiment will not continue. The other two listed above are still available.
Note that it is back, but it is no longer a mini.
The listing says mini, but the picture and dimensions show another story at 18.98" in length.

I haven't seen any info on people using these in a series connection setup.
Can the Kepwortj 300ah be series connections for 24v, 36, 48??

Back