diy solar

diy solar

Lake recycle pump

Begginer7

I am looking for a Dirty water dc 7m head submergible water pump about 800 GPH. Any suggestions?

Generally speaking, submersible pumps aren't very tolerant of "dirty" water. For applications with that low of head we generally use a pump that can be rebuilt in the field and keep plenty of spare parts on site. One person can easily pull a pump by hand from that depth.

Generally speaking, submersible pumps aren't very tolerant of "dirty" water. For applications with that low of head we generally use a pump that can be rebuilt in the field and keep plenty of spare parts on site. One person can easily pull a pump by hand from that depth.
I understand, in that case what brand or model would you suggest?

I think that I will try to build a system that can support my existing AC pump, the pump has the following characteristics, is not the best picture but it says pump needs, 0.3kwh, I am assuming has a surge of 0.6kwh so I will install 2 panels of 425w each, total 850w, an inverter probably a 12 V Giandel of 300 W and an Epever scc, I dont need this pump to operate overnight but getting a batery less inverter for this seems to be the incorrect decision because it will oversize rhe panels, so I wanr to install a small battery, the question is what is the smallest battery size I could use? I am happy with 2 hours of work daily.

Thanks

IMG-20230428-WA0016.jpeg

I'm also a beginner but my thought are: pump uses 300W just to run and that's after starting up, so the 300W inverter will be too small I expect. "Smallest" battery is subjective but 300W for 2 hours is 600Wh, that would be 100Ah battery (using 50% discharge), which needs to be fully charged every day (no rainy days). 850W panels should easily be enough. Better get a non beginner to weigh in on this as well.

Back