diy solar

diy solar

Las Vegas All You Can Charge EV Buffet! :)

Tesla has data about where Teslas drive which the other station owners do not have. So they have a better probability of hitting the right places. I did a cross country drive a few years ago and had no worries finding Tesla Superchargers. I routinely drive the I5 from Northern to Southern California and the continually are upgrading that route with more stations.
You do realize that Baja California is Mexico don't you?

I would love to get a Model S or even a 3.

Just can’t talk the wife into it.
I just can't justify the price so far especially since we don't go anywhere much anymore.

I love the looks of the Model S especially the dash.

I don't like the model 3's lack of a speedometer cluster in front of the driver. I don't think I could deal with the center screen only. The outside looks of the model 3 are growing on me.

The new leafs look good if you want a cheap small car. Looks like a honda civic or something.

The old leafs looks are a bit to out there for my liking.

I just uploaded a short video (Youtube) of the charging station at NV Energy in Las Vegas. It has 10 charging stations using the ChargePoint network, with J1772 connectors. It's an All You Can Charge EV Buffet for a low low price of FREE! Teslas will need to use an adapter. NV Energy is located on W Sahara, about 3 miles from the strip.

"Powered mostly by solar!"
Um...
No...
That array can't possibly support more than a single station.
A chargepoint 350kW outlet needs a LOT of panels to feed it.
I highly doubt there is more than 20kW of panels up there, and I don't see any battery bank nearby...

You do realize that Baja California is Mexico don't you?
Yes, presumably Tesla had data about Mexican Tesla owners and others traveling from the States in Baja and that is why Tesla. Years ago I met some wealthy Mexicans living in La Paz and i assume there are others in other parts of Baja who could afford a Tesla.

"Powered mostly by solar!"
Um...
No...
That array can't possibly support more than a single station.
A chargepoint 350kW outlet needs a LOT of panels to feed it.
I highly doubt there is more than 20kW of panels up there, and I don't see any battery bank nearby...
I did see some cabinets. What was in them is unknown.

I just can't justify the price so far especially since we don't go anywhere much anymore.

I love the looks of the Model S especially the dash.

I don't like the model 3's lack of a speedometer cluster in front of the driver. I don't think I could deal with the center screen only. The outside looks of the model 3 are growing on me.

The new leafs look good if you want a cheap small car. Looks like a honda civic or something.

The old leafs looks are a bit to out there for my liking.
We have a model 3 and new shape leaf. + we also have a friends MX to look after at the moment while they are away overseas.

You really don't miss the dash in front of you when driving the 3. In some ways its better because you dont have to worry about the steering wheel height blocking the instrument cluster.

The leaf is a good car, we did 30,000km in it in the first year we had it. But the charging speed, efficiency, acceleration and handling of the model 3 (not to mention the software and mobile app) leaves the leaf for dead.

The model X is big, thirsty and heavy, but it accelerates a lot faster than the other cars. There is also a lot more that can go wrong with it as everything is motorised. Also tyres are very expensive.

Edit: Agreed, I wouldn't buy an EV at the moment if I didn't do a lot of driving.

Back