diy solar

diy solar

Las Vegas All You Can Charge EV Buffet! :)

JWLV

-.-. --.-
I just uploaded a short video (Youtube) of the charging station at NV Energy in Las Vegas. It has 10 charging stations using the ChargePoint network, with J1772 connectors. It's an All You Can Charge EV Buffet for a low low price of FREE! Teslas will need to use an adapter. NV Energy is located on W Sahara, about 3 miles from the strip.

I just uploaded a short video (Youtube) of the charging station at NV Energy in Las Vegas. It has 10 charging stations using the ChargePoint network, with J1772 connectors. It's an All You Can Charge EV Buffet for a low low price of FREE! Teslas will need to use an adapter. NV Energy is located on W Sahara, about 3 miles from the strip.

I wouldn’t trust that cantilever.

That thing will eventually come down if wrinkled that bad already.

Nothing is free. Who’s actually paying for this?
I assume it is test marketing for proof of concept. If the utilities get into the EV charging market all others could be out of business. The regulated monopolies could easily corner the market.

Nothing is free. Who’s actually paying for this?
You need to open an account with Chargepoint.

When something is free with today's technology, it means they are mining data which is your data. You agree to it under the terms of the account.

IIRC part of Biden's Inflation reduction Bill was money to create automobile charging stations Nationwide and not just the heavy urban areas. I would imagine that many of these would be built by the local utility and would charge (ha ha) a fee to charge your car. Areas with no utilities would have to put in generation plants such as diesel or natural gas fed turbines.

Areas with no utilities would have to put in generation plants.....
Considering the cost of generation plants, I doubt any one but a fool would build an EV charging station where there was no utilities. I can't imagine the demand would justify the cost. The IRA provides some incentives but not enough to support a money losing project.

Last edited:
Considering the cost of generation plants, I doubt any one but a fool would build an EV charging station where there was no utilities. I can't imagine the demand would justify the cost. The IRA provides some incentives but not enough to support a money losing project.
We're talking about the US government here.... I honestly wouldn't be surprised

SNOW in Vegas LOL :cool:
It does happen. Saw it Snow in the valley when staying at the Tropicana. Wasn’t more than a dusting but it did snow.
I think they said first time in 24 years.

Last edited:
It does happen. Saw it Snow in the valley when staying at the Tropicana. Wasn’t more than a dusting but it did snow.
I think they said first time in 24 years.
That was in the 90s.
Yup sometimes down here in southern AZ an inch of snow is the great blizzard.
We're at 4000' so we may get almost 2-3" :ROFLMAO:
Snow is evil.......:cool:

We're talking about the US government here.... I honestly wouldn't be surprised
Yes, and Biden was the guy in charge of TARP in 2009 when they funded Solyndra. I am hopeful that the charging station funding is only an incentive or subsidy which presumably means some form rational economic analysis takes place.
The good news is NACS (the Tesla standard) is now being adopted by more manufacturers and Tesla has a good track record of placing Superchargers in well thought out locations.

The good news is NACS (the Tesla standard) is now being adopted by more manufacturers and Tesla has a good track record of placing Superchargers in well thought out locations.
Tesla has strategically placed charging stations down the Baja peninsula. Seems out of place but they're here.

This was the most snow I've ever seen in Las Vegas in decades. This photo was from Feb 2019. Probably no more than 2 inches of snow that melted as soon as the sun came up. Snow wouldn't be much of a problem in Las Vegas.

snow.jpg

Tesla has strategically placed charging stations down the Baja peninsula
Tesla has data about where Teslas drive which the other station owners do not have. So they have a better probability of hitting the right places. I did a cross country drive a few years ago and had no worries finding Tesla Superchargers. I routinely drive the I5 from Northern to Southern California and the continually are upgrading that route with more stations.

Tesla has data about where Teslas drive which the other station owners do not have. So they have a better probability of hitting the right places. I did a cross country drive a few years ago and had no worries finding Tesla Superchargers. I routinely drive the I5 from Northern to Southern California and the continually are upgrading that route with more stations.
I would love to get a Model S or even a 3.

Just can’t talk the wife into it.

Back