diy solar

diy solar

Lead Crystal Batteries

wazdog5011

Hi,
I am looking at my first solar system for rural use on a small house.
I am looking at a 48v 5kw system with 300ah storage capacity.
We don't have power available so it will be completely off grid.
I have been looking at Lead Crystal Batteries but the supplier said that it will take 30% of the battery capacity (approx 100 amps) to charge this size system.
Is there an integrated system, like on your videos, that will supply this amount of charge and if not have you got any suggestions to achieve this?
I understand that the batteries must be in series to make up the 48v, but does the solar panels have to be in series as well?
You mentioned the VOC on one of your videos could you explain the formula used to work this out?
Once the solar panels are connected (in series or parallel) how do you work out the total charge rate of the panels combined?
I have an electric start generator, can that be wired in to start when the battery gets low or are they specific generators?
What is your opinion of the Lead Crystal Battery?
You said about using car batteries. Do you use the same criteria to calculate storage size?
Sorry about all the questions, but as you can tell I am very and naive about this subject.
I know it is dependent on devices used, but as a ball park figure what no of panel would run a normal house and is 300A storage capacity enough?
Thanking You

Back