diy solar

diy solar

LFP Powerwall

which way would arrange my 16 batteries to solder in diagram 1 or diagram 2?

Attachments

• batterylifepo4.jpg
    batterylifepo4.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 19
I don't want to use premade. I want to use individual cells and build it. Is that 3.2v 280Ah hooked up in series? Do they state how many individual 3.2v are in that pack?

Everything discussed in that subforum is DIY, as in taking individual cells and making a 12v, 24v or 48v battery out of them.

My battery is a 4s configuration made up of four 3.2v 280Ah cells.

And that's where im stuck. There is a disconnect for me. If I put 16 in parallel I'd have 3.2v 96Ah and is I put four of those in series I'd have the 12v 96Ah?
3.2volts at 96 Ahrs is 307.2 Watthrs.
12.8 volts at 96 Ahrs is 1228.8 Watthrs.
Does that help you get unstuck?

An update on my system:
Today i noticed a leaking cell. On inspection the cell is completely swollen and sounds hollow when tapping on it.
Hope this not the start of a tsunami of bad cells...
20211012_212815.jpg

Thank you for sharing. Sorry that it will need repair.

I too hope that it is an isolated issue.

Please wear PPE and if you find the leak origin please share photos if you are comfortable to.

Very nicely done.
I noted that on both batteries you do not have any compression on the pack. Do you find the pack swelling or is it unnecessary?

Very nicely done.
I noted that on both batteries you do not have any compression on the pack. Do you find the pack swelling or is it unnecessary?
dear @Ironman i am not familiar with this build entirely because did not build. there seems to be a threaded rod in the image most recently posted
1639021692636.jpeg

the two grey lines running from lower left to upper right appear to be a threaded rod that may provide compression for the overall pack.

hope this helps, sorry if i’m way off base here

the two grey lines running from lower left to upper right appear to be a threaded rod that may provide compression for the overall pack.

hope this helps, sorry if i’m way off base here
No, you are right. I never saw the rods, his build is so nice, I should have looked for them.

diy solar

diy solar
Back