diy solar

diy solar

Licitti Battery Box question

AuntieTam

I am new in this space and trying to decide if I should purchase an Ecoflow system or build my own system. I would like to build due to cost. I am just wanting a solar charged backup system for emergency use. I found these and was wondering if anyone in this forum has used these Licitti Battery boxes? They make a 1000w and 2000w. Any thoughts on them or suggestions?
https://www.licitti.com/product/2000w-ac-battery-box-george/

My purpose is for emergency backup in my home. I do not need a full system to take over all home electricity, but want to be able to plug in appliances as needed.
Thanks you!

There are a couple threads with those of us who have built with them. I've made 2 myself and I find the biggest Pro to be that you can drop the 304ah cells in there for amazing capacity, and the biggest Con being that the built in 10a SCC is pretty useless with cells that big.

I got an external 40a SCC and rigged it with an Anderson connector so I could throw a pair of 200w suitcase panels on there to help the 160w folding panel that maxes out the onboard.

The inverter on mine doesn't start whining until 1200w which is plenty.

I can't search from here but you can find those pretty easy.

I own, like, and use two of the 1000w. I think the Licitti design is great for some people but not for others. I too suggest checking out the older threads, but will point out that since I bought my Licitti's most of the major-brand portable power stations have dropped dramatically in price and gained longer warranties while the Licitti hasn't. This means the balance has IMO changed considerably towards "conventional" power stations for casual users, in part because you don't need to seek out and buy separate matching chargers, etc.
Sorry it took me a couple days to reply-- I no longer monitor this forum daily.

By far though the biggest advantage is the capacity. Finding 3kwh in a solar generator is going to be WWAAYY more expensive than a Licitti, a BMS, and some cells.

Back