diy solar

diy solar

LiFePo battery suggestion

MTPockets

Him

I'm in the process of renovating my off grid system for my little cabin. Back in-the-day I was using Trogen T105 golf cart batteries to power my cabin and well. I'm tebuilding my system from the ground up and I'd like to use LiFePo batteries. The problem is that my cabin is in mid-Michigan and the temperature in the power shed can get well below 20F. Many nights can get to 0 and a bit below. I've read that these types of batteries can't function at 32F.

Question: Is there a LiFePo battery that can operate well below freezing weather and do these batteries have builtin BMS with bluetooth capability.

I would like any suggestions. I've read that some batteries have builtin heating systens but I can't seem to locate them.

I appreciate any help you can g8ve me.

Thanks,
-jeff apczynski -
-jeff

If your looking for 12V battery packs then Will Prowse has several videos on different ones that have heaters built in.
Personally if I was starting over I would go with a 48V Inverter system but I am not sure which 48V packs have heaters built in that are cheap. What amount of power do you use per day and what is your budget for this system?

If your looking for 12V battery packs then Will Prowse has several videos on different ones that have heaters built in.
Personally if I was starting over I would go with a 48V Inverter system but I am not sure which 48V packs have heaters built in that are cheap. What amount of power do you use per day and what is your budget for this system?
Trophy batteries have heaters iirc

LFP Batteries CAN Discharge in the cold but NOT charge below 0C/32F temp.
Several companies do make batteries with Warmers and SOK is one brand that Will Prowse recommends and are worth a look, here is their Product List, a 100AH & a 206AH with heaters are available. https://www.us.sokbattery.com/products
* NOTE: They do NOT Support being connected in Series !

Amperetime is OK Too per Will, and they have a 12V/100AH available with a warming function.
https://www.amperetime.com/products...th-self-heating-low-temperature-charging-20-c
These can be put in Series, up to 4.

Back