diy solar

diy solar

LiFePo4 QR For Cell Authenticity

aefriot

It has been stated that the QR code on an authentic cell (and pack) is laser etched and non-authentic cells are painted on.

While this could make sense to me, I have no experience with having a cell in my hand to examine. So....I ask from those who have experience with assembling their own battery from cells purchased in-country (wherever that may be) and from China.

Generally speaking, it does. But not all brands of LiFePO4 batteries have QR codes. In addition, laser etching is not necessarily brand new and authentic. Now many counterfeiters also have laser machines to assist in counterfeiting, so beware of fake batteries at all times.

Since laser etched QR codes are no longer a true tell, experience must be relied upon. As I have no successful (more later) experience buying LiFePo4 cells, I must rely upon others who have good experiences purchasing battery cells.

My needs are not small. If I were to be buying 4 cells, I might not be so concerned, but we are complete off-gridders. We intend on purchasing 64 cells. I don't mind telling anyone that the amount of money that is to be paid for them is not making me comfortable.

We tried purchasing cells earlier this year. The transaction did not go well. We never received the cells and the seller swore up and down the cells had arrived at our post office. Even their own shipping code stated their shipment had not left China. Eventually, our money was refunded and we have become very weary of transactions with businesses we cannot walk through their door.

If the transaction goes well for the first 64 cells goes well and we are able to build our battery bank for our new home, next year we plan another purchase. We have plans to have a second battery bank that will also power our Volvo XC70 that has a blown engine.

I am in contact with two sellers who seem willing to help me. One is very eager...perhaps too eager. The other is nice and has been patient. I wonder who has the trust of people who have purchased cells before. Especially those with larger quantities of cells.

Thank you

Since laser etched QR codes are no longer a true tell, experience must be relied upon. As I have no successful (more later) experience buying LiFePo4 cells, I must rely upon others who have good experiences purchasing battery cells.

My needs are not small. If I were to be buying 4 cells, I might not be so concerned, but we are complete off-gridders. We intend on purchasing 64 cells. I don't mind telling anyone that the amount of money that is to be paid for them is not making me comfortable.

We tried purchasing cells earlier this year. The transaction did not go well. We never received the cells and the seller swore up and down the cells had arrived at our post office. Even their own shipping code stated their shipment had not left China. Eventually, our money was refunded and we have become very weary of transactions with businesses we cannot walk through their door.

If the transaction goes well for the first 64 cells goes well and we are able to build our battery bank for our new home, next year we plan another purchase. We have plans to have a second battery bank that will also power our Volvo XC70 that has a blown engine.

I am in contact with two sellers who seem willing to help me. One is very eager...perhaps too eager. The other is nice and has been patient. I wonder who has the trust of people who have purchased cells before. Especially those with larger quantities of cells.

Thank you
FWIW I bought 64 cells from a reviewed vendor here with largely favourable reviews and it seems to have all worked out :)
Maybe share who you are looking to deal with see if anyone can share further insights?

OK, here it goes. I look for EVE LF280K cells since they appear to be the most cost effective cells for Kwh/USD (including the BMSs) for the 57Kwh I desire.

I have contacted Amy Zheng from Docan Power. She has been very nice and appears to never have a personal life since she always appears to be available. I hope I am wrong. She does seem to be very relaxed and not in a hurry. She said that when I am ready, she will fulfill my order.

I also have contacted June Zeng with Exliporc New Energy. I'm sure she is nice as she has not said anything to make me think otherwise. She has shown flexibility in pricing. But she is more direct as a salesperson. She wants to sell and sell now. I am not ready and will not be swayed. Perhaps my feeling she is a higher pressure salesperson than I am comfortable with is my shortcoming. I do not fault her for that, but I am a bit uncomfortable with her sales style.

Buying products online is not new for me, but buying from outside of the country does make me uncomfortable since I was nearly burned once, but was able to get a refund for my unfulfilled purchase. Both Docan Power and Exliporc New Energy appear to have US warehouses even though I am in no hurry and can wait for the cells to arrive from China. I only need them when my new house has been finished later this summer.

Amy @ Docan sold me the cells I bought and I am happy with them so far. Docan is quite favourably reviewed here. I dont know if I've read a single review of Exliporc here. Good luck whatever you decide!

Back