diy solar

diy solar

LifePO4 US Supplier

Henderson

Solar Enthusiast
Hi, I'm looking to purchase some cells. Looking for very good grade B cells at a good price. I don't mind CATL, Rept or EVE...just not the EVE 280Ks. My ideal cell size is 302/304AH but I can work with 280AH cells also.

Would appreciate this forum's recommendation on good LifePO4 cell US suppliers. Thanks in advance.

18650batterystore has a nice selection of grade B.

Good on staying away form the 280K that is not a good cell vs other 280 size cells.

I'm looking at the REPT cells people are getting good results with even grade B easily doing 285 Ah capacity.

Hi, I'm looking to purchase some cells. Looking for very good grade B cells at a good price. I don't mind CATL, Rept or EVE...just not the EVE 280Ks. My ideal cell size is 302/304AH but I can work with 280AH cells also.

Would appreciate this forum's recommendation on good LifePO4 cell US suppliers. Thanks in advance.
What do you have against the 280k cells?
I have bought 32 of these so far. And they have performed better than rated.
Will be getting at least another 200 of them. And they show up in my driveway two days after ordering

I was actually wanting 304's , to squeeze more capacity in the space. But, these terminals were impressive. And I'm happy with my decision.

What do you have against the 280k cells?
I have bought 32 of these so far. And they have performed better than rated.
Will be getting at least another 200 of them. And they show up in my driveway two days after ordering

I was reading that the terminals could be a bit tricky to work with unless used with extra care, given that the screw can puncture the body of the cell itself. Truth is, one always need to take special care with any cell but I figure I would avoid this cell type so as not having to worry about that risk. On the flipside though, the terminal is big enough to candle more than 1C comfortably but the puncture risk scared me off a bit.

I was reading that the terminals could be a bit tricky to work with unless used with extra care, given that the screw can puncture the body of the cell itself. Truth is, one always need to take special care with any cell but I figure I would avoid this cell type so as not having to worry about that risk. On the flipside though, the terminal is big enough to candle more than 1C comfortably but the puncture risk scared me off a bit.
I can see that.
But you can see the under side easily. And the short stud bolts aren't very long. I think that you would have to really try to hit the top of the battery, if you have a lug on it. I love them, but definitely don't do anything that you might not be comfortable with. I'm just offering my thoughts on them.

Quite the contrary. Lots of troubles, issues and special care needed with other terminals. Puncture risk is over rated... just get the right screw and/or don't randomly run something in with an air ratchet for a test fit.

Seen lots of pictures with stripped threads, broken welds on studs, endless discussion on thread torque and plenty more.

If spending money today this dual screw terminal would be my only selection.

Not grade B but readily available in US:

I’ve gotten cells in as little as 3 days from Chicago to Ohio. 100Ah is my size choice.

No affiliation, just a satisfied customer.
Gotta give a bump to Sriko myself, a happy customer here as well.

I can see that.
But you can see the under side easily. And the short stud bolts aren't very long. I think that you would have to really try to hit the top of the battery, if you have a lug on it. I love them, but definitely don't do anything that you might not be comfortable with. I'm just offering my thoughts on them.
Do you mind sending me a few pics of your battery bank? Would like to see how things look with those terminals for the 280Ks. Thanks.

I plan to combine DIY 280K's with the eg4 lifepower4's like you did, what did you set your battery parameters to in the inverters?
I run differently in summer and winter.
But stay around 57v bulk and 56v float.

I purchased 16 304Ah Grade B Eve's from 186500 battery store. Arrived in great shape, all stamped with B and appear to be new.

All tested 310Ah to 311Ah minimum, tested in groups of 4. Here is the problem, I originally had setup my battery bank for 280Ah Eve's, the ones before the 280K's. There is a slight height difference between the older 280Ah EVE and the newer 280K and the 304Ah of about 5/32". Not a problem in my bank. The problem is even though the sellers tell you the dimensions are the same, the 304Ah are not completely flat on the sides like the 280's. As I had already fabricated all my compression fixtures, one for each shelf, I had to extend the compressed length by 24mm (about 3/4"). It was getting a little tight, I do not have those cells installed yet but close and all have been tested.

I do have some Grade A 280K's, these were from Amy and only the single stud terminal, not the dual terminal screw type you see now. I have yet to test those, coming in the next few days. Price was right back in April/May for $120 each plus shipping. Those are flat on the sides.

My guess is the 304Ah case is the same as the 280K but as the capacity is larger, they stuffed the case full. Not a problem if you don't intend to compress your cells. If you built a fixture based on 280Ah cells, both prior stock and 280K's, then it could be an issue. I doubt they will fit in many of the prebuilt cases you see out there.

Back