diy solar

diy solar

REPT, EVE or CATL?

brum

Solar Enthusiast
I'm looking for 15 or 30 kWh storage. Current offer is for REPT 280Ah, EVE 304Ah and CATL 302Ah. Can you, please, share some quick feedback on the different brands?

CATL - I've used them and so far so good. EVE - I've been reading in the past for issues with low capacity on some LF280K, but these are 304Ah cells, so this should not apply. REPT - no idea about how good they are. The information about them seems scarce.

I have 16 REPT 280 cells grade A. Average Joe has videos comparing both grade A and Grade B rept, both types pass capacity test. They are good but just new to the market.

Also Hithium 280 is another one to look out for.

CATL = grade B, there is no grade A CATL on the market so just keep that in mind. Here is a list of sellers that sell there grade A to the DIY / Small Market:

Cornex
Htithum
SinoPoly
Winston
Svolt
EVE
REPT
Ganfeng (only to medium-to-large OEM)
Lishen

There maybe others, but I can tell you, BYD and CATL cells on the market are all grade B. They are just too big to be fooling with the small time DIYERS

If REPT cells are in general good I will go with them.

I don't look for grade A cells. Storage grade (grade B) should be more than enough.

it looks like I got fake EVE ones...

Attachments

• profesor79sBattery.jpg
    profesor79sBattery.jpg
    691.9 KB · Views: 77
  • False_qr_Code.jpg
    False_qr_Code.jpg
    278.7 KB · Views: 75
96 grade A - EVE 280s. 100% satisfied.16 from Aimee @ Basen & 80 from Oliver @ EVE.
Only minor issues on 3 cells, all resolved without issue.

Back