diy solar

diy solar

Lifepower4 battery automatic updater

I just received the Lifepower4 today that I ordered on 2/20. Do I need the update dongle, or does it already have the new firmware?
The battery should come with the latest firmware but I would still request one in case they are updated at a later date!

So, got mine in the mail yesterday. Expected the first picture got the second. Looks kind cheaply made, don’t you think? What gives @EG4_Jared ?

Attachments

• IMG_0934.png
    IMG_0934.png
    228.7 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0933.jpeg
    IMG_0933.jpeg
    207.7 KB · Views: 30
So, got mine in the mail yesterday. Expected the first picture got the second. Looks kind cheaply made, don’t you think? What gives @EG4_Jared ?

I sincerely apologize for this. The unit pictured on the left is the one that should have been sent out. I'm unsure why the Auto-Update Tool was sent in this manner. However, if you send me a direct message, I can arrange for a replacement to be sent with the correct housing.

I also received the Lifepower4 battery automatic updater without the case.
My concern however is that it appears you can only update with whatever firmware is in the Doomaflatchie.
There does not appear to be any mechanism or process to update the firmware in the Doomaflatchie before updating the batteries

I also received the Lifepower4 battery automatic updater without the case.
My concern however is that it appears you can only update with whatever firmware is in the Doomaflatchie.
There does not appear to be any mechanism or process to update the firmware in the Doomaflatchie before updating the batteries
I'm really sorry you guys haven't recieved the housing and please reach out if I can help..

But... Doomaflatchie ☠️🤣

Last edited:
Add me to the list who didn't get a case either...

Also wondering how to tell what firmware version is loaded on it? Nothing marked in/on the box or on the updater.

EG4 has provided several updates for the LifePower4 batteries and I installed them. Some of the Protection and Alarm parameters were changed and in addition the download file includes a spreadsheet of what was updated with each version.

The Protection and Alarm parameters do affect the charging profile and the latest updates appear to be a bit more conservative

If you have an EG4 Communications Hub (particularly if you install the hub updates) you may have to install the battery firmware updates as the RS485 port Pins 7&8 baud rate was changed from 9600 to 19200 in the hub. The BMS update also change the RS485 port Pins 7&8 baud to 19200.
Pins 1&2 remain at 9600

Add me to the list who didn't get a case either...

Also wondering how to tell what firmware version is loaded on it? Nothing marked in/on the box or on the updater.
I agree, this should be notated upon receipt. BTW, mine is on the way. I will let you know which version I receive.

No, actually, we don't recommend updating if they're working fine.
Is the new firmware behind the "Lifepower4 51.2V 100ah Mosfet False Fault Alarm"? When dealing with tech support yesterday, was told this was common problem with a recent batch of batteries. I assume that like mine, they were shipped with the most recent firmware.

It has been brought to my attention that some of the auto-update tools can be received without the plastic shell. However, if the PCB is covered in the plastic casing, they should still work as designed. The firmware that should be on this tool is v3.37.

It has been brought to my attention that some of the auto-update tools can be received without the plastic shell. However, if the PCB is covered in the plastic casing, they should still work as designed. The firmware that should be on this tool is v3.37.
So don't take the plastic wrapping off it?

diy solar

diy solar
Back