diy solar

diy solar

Lifepower4 battery automatic updater

Packen

I saw a video on YouTube about an automatic updater for eg4 lifepower4 batteries but can’t find any other info about it. I looked on eg4 website and googled it but no luck. Does anybody know anything about this?

I wrote both Signature Solar and EG4 at the end of last week and they both said they aren't available yet.

You have to go to EG4 directly. I contacted them and they sent me 12 of them, one for each battery I have. It was the last 12 they had in stock.

JK, they don't have any.

You have to go to EG4 directly. I contacted them and they sent me 12 of them, one for each battery I have. It was the last 12 they had in stock.

JK, they don't have any.
Why would you need one for each battery? In the video he just used the same one and did each battery one at a time.

Will this also update comm hub? I've noticed that updating the BMS causes it to no longer connect to the comm hub.

@SignatureSolarJess I was able to get one shipped to me from CS. Thank you and SS.

Once I have updated my batteries, should I ship it back, or send it on to another person on the forum who needs it?

Will this also update comm hub? I've noticed that updating the BMS causes it to no longer connect to the comm hub.
Comm hub is a different firmware and update, from my understanding. That has to be done via computer, I believe. I will be doing the same. You ahve to change the settings on COMM hub to 19200 baud after firmware, again, this is my understanding.

The dongle is only for the Lifepower4's
@SignatureSolarJess I was able to get one shipped to me from CS. Thank you and SS.

Once I have updated my batteries, should I ship it back, or send it on to another person on the forum who needs it?
You're welcome! I'm so glad. I'd hold onto it, just in case you can update the dongle for another update later on. (Not sure if this is even a thought, but I'd personally hold onto it)

Back