diy solar

diy solar

EG4 LifePower4 no UL Label - Failed Inspection

It’s the UL policy on how their trademarked/protected stickers can be applied. Either at manufacturer or at approved facility.

If you Google for retroactive listing mark for other UL9540 products it’s not just a problem of EG4, there are manufacturers of batteries and cabinets that explicitly say buying pre-UL finalization copies even with identical hardware does not retroactively make those old copies compliant
Stating it doesn't make it right. Show us!

A manufacturer may have submitted a product and it had the ground screw but it was not notated as a ground screw, therefore the unit does not satisfy UL. If said manufacturer has already shipped some of these units, they are not UL certified.

Stating it doesn't make it right. Show us!
It’s on the UL website and I’ve posted it before. I don’t have a bibliography ready to go sadly of everything I’ve read before (not in grad school anymore so you can’t make me do it 😆), and would have to re Google it. In previous research I did do appropriate due diligence to how I make my legal decisions like this

I am willing to change my mind if I see a direct link to something different from what I did before

Jared from EG4 is engaged and working on a resolution. I very much appreciate the helpful information sharing on this forum. Thank you for all the good information, I will update with an outcome when we have one.

In past you could load the UL approval cerfificates from the UL website and it showed even all the internals. Now they want 228usd/year to access the database. :mad:

What? Those F*ckers! How does this help anyone, these people are supposed to be NON PROFIT and all about Safety and not about the 💰!

What? Those F*ckers! How does this help anyone, these people are supposed to be NON PROFIT and all about Safety and not about the 💰!
Non profit doesn't mean they don't have to spend money, though. They've got people they pay, infrastructure - even their website costs money. Obviously I don't have any insight into their financials, but it costs money to run the operation.

I used to do large combined heat and power projects which required 13.8KV custom switchgear. We almost always ended up having to get a UL inspector to the site after delivery to do the final sign off.
With the cost of eg4 eating return shipping for 16 100Ah and 2 280s, paying for a UL inspector would prob end up cheaper.

Have had regular communication with Jared from EG4. He is working on battery replacement with their "vendor". I still haven't heard anything from Signature Solar who the batteries were purchased from.

Is it possible the "UL" sticker is inside the battery? I know it's dumb, but you could have proof of the certification if it were there. I have four of these batteries and never saw a UL sticker on them but I recall watching a video where someone opened them up and the UL stickers were inside....

Back