diy solar

diy solar

Limiting Solar input to 700 watts at 24 volts (can be more if it can be stepped down to 24) from a large solar array

Sooo solar

I have 2 goal zero yeti 1000x’s with 2000 watt hours of battery banks for >3000 watt hours each. Each one can accept 600 watts solar input through the anderson input and 150 watts into the 8mm port for a total of 750 watts. These are for power backup and are each hooked up to the goal zero transfer switch to 4 breakers each.
I have a large gazebo type of structure adjacent to my garage which can fit roughly 6000 watts of solar panels. I would like to hook them up and then run the power through a single (obviously large gauge) wire for the 4 foot distance to the interior wall of the garage to some type of power regulator. The purpose of this would be two fold:
1. Max out the input to the goal zeroes at all times of day during a power outage.
2. Divert what is left or all off it if I have on grid power to an EV charger. I don't have the EV yet but plan on burning as little coal as possible when we do buy one in the near future.

Is there something like this that exists? Accepts a large amount DC power with potentially high wattage for an ev charger but can step wattage and voltage down to at least different outputs. I am not finding much with my limited googlefu.

I know my set up is non ideal but I got them cheap (if you are a veteran or health care provider and you pay full price for goal zero then just google discount sites).

Back