diy solar

diy solar

Lithium battery and ambient temps.

realpinochet

Make Stuff In America Again!
Google says the Lithium batteries shouldn't see over 70F/ish ambient temps. What are you suppose to do if you live in Texas or similar where the summer gets 105F. Do any of you have the batteries in the garage or shed that isn't air conditioned? I wanted to get a couple to run a small inverter for my backup plans on powering the fridge and freezer but not sure where to put the batteries and inverter. My original plan was the garage but shit it gets so hot there and I can't AC the thing. I really don't want to store them in the house but even then the house is generally 85F in the summer do to electricity cost these days. What's a decent range of temps both cold and hot that the batteries would SAFELY operate in? I'm jealous of guys that have a shipping crate of shed that they can AC..not in my immediate ability right now. Thanks in advance.

Google says the Lithium batteries shouldn't see over 70F/ish ambient temps. What are you suppose to do if you live in Texas or similar where the summer gets 105F. Do any of you have the batteries in the garage or shed that isn't air conditioned? I wanted to get a couple to run a small inverter for my backup plans on powering the fridge and freezer but not sure where to put the batteries and inverter. My original plan was the garage but shit it gets so hot there and I can't AC the thing. I really don't want to store them in the house but even then the house is generally 85F in the summer do to electricity cost these days. What's a decent range of temps both cold and hot that the batteries would SAFELY operate in? I'm jealous of guys that have a shipping crate of shed that they can AC..not in my immediate ability right now. Thanks in advance.
Eve LIFEPO4 cells are rated up to 131F.

That’s battery temp not ambient temp.

I’m sure they will work above that but not sure what the degradation would be.

You can’t charge them below 32F.

Last edited:
Eve LIFEPO4 cells are rated up to 131F.

That’s battery temp not ambient temp.

I’m sure they will work above that but not sure what the degradation would be.

You can’t charge them below 32F.
I'd be interested to hear from folks in AZ, TX, OK etc that have them in their garage without any cooling in August to see how they perform. Right now that's my only option is the garage and since it gets to probably 110F in the summer it's a huge concern for me both performance and safety wise.

I'd be interested to hear from folks in AZ, TX, OK etc that have them in their garage without any cooling in August to see how they perform. Right now that's my only option is the garage and since it gets to probably 110F in the summer it's a huge concern for me both performance and safety wise.
Plenty out there.
Don’t know if they have climate control or not where their batteries sit though.

Back