diy solar

diy solar

lithium battery charger for small build

crowTrobot

AC charger to a 100 AH or 2 100 AH in the future.
my thoughts are maybe just connect it to the bus bar and then plug into a 120 when needed.
My question is what style and type of charger should I get for lithium batteries.

Your mileage may vary, but I use the 20amp LiTime charger. I use it on a 12v 100ah LiTime mini 12v battery that is my cpap backup. I draw 25% of the battery capacity each night and the charger is plugged into a timer so it comes on between noon and 4pm. Reality is the charger does the job in 1.5 hours.

Whatever charger you end with get one in a metal case with fan.

Last edited:
My first choice would be whatever the battery vendor suggests & sells (they know what bms they used inside). Second choice would be whatever a competing vendor suggests for their own battery lineup (LiTime offers some, via their website, via amazon).

I'd even throw out the NOCO brand of chargers (you pick the amps rating) as a third choice, which are pricey, but which have some nifty features for automatically charging any battery chemistry, and resurrecting some of them (from "zero-charge" state).

I have both LiTime and NOCO chargers, where the former is dedicated to a LiTime battery-bank, and the latter is used for balancing and other such activities among many brands of batteries.

Hope this helps ...

Last edited:
Back