diy solar

diy solar

Lithium Battery Discharged to 5.5v

gabe1475

I have tried searching, probably not using the correct search terms. Any suggestions on how to kick start a 12v lithium battery from being discharged to 5.5v? The battery has blue tooth monitoring built in and can't be shut off.

Any Help is appreciated.

The battery has blue tooth monitoring built in and can't be shut off.
Never done this but can not see how it would not work-
Try and disconnect whatever from the terminals directly on the cells. If you cannot at least try and ascertain the actual battery cell terminals.
Take a V reading and check the + & -. Attach a variable psu to these terminals, initially set at a V below this and the lowest amp setting. Gradually raise the V to the V where you can disconnect the PSU and continue charging with the usual method.

Never done this but can not see how it would not work-
Try and disconnect whatever from the terminals directly on the cells. If you cannot at least try and ascertain the actual battery cell terminals.
Take a V reading and check the + & -. Attach a variable psu to these terminals, initially set at a V below this and the lowest amp setting. Gradually raise the V to the V where you can disconnect the PSU and continue charging with the usual method.
Thank you. Was able to try this today and it only took a few minutes hooked up to another battery before I could continue to charge with my lithium charger.

Back