diy solar

diy solar

Looking for feedback to run a subset of appliances

FreshRust

Hello all,

I'm looking for some feed back on a system I'd like to put together to run a few circuits in our house using an Ecoflow Delta Pro and some solar. The base load will be around 200 watts 24 hours a day with jumps probably around 800 - 900 watts for 15 minutes a few times a day. I'm not hard set on anything listed below but I did pick the Ecoflow Delta Pro since its inverter can put out 3600 watts on its 30 amp socket. I'd also to stick with a precanned system for insurance reasons and the relative ease of portability plus the warranty.

Below are the parts I've spec'd out so far.

SolarEver 455W 3x
EcoFlow Delta Pro
ECO-WORTHY stands 3x
Reliance Controls 30 Amp 250-volt 7500 transfer box
WindyNation 10Gauge 30ft 1x
WindyNation 10Gauge 3ft 2x
BoughRV Y Branch 3 to 1 1x
Solar Odyssey 4Pack 20Amp fuse holder

I've had to redo the previous home owners wiring over the years so I'm pretty comfortable doing the work. Though I do plan to higher an electrician to wire the transfer switch into the breaker panel after I do the rough in. What item I'm not clear on is what's the best solution to get the pv cables into the house from the outside. Perhaps my google foo is weak but I'm having a hard time finding a good prebuilt pv cable junction box.

Proposed layout
SOLAR
[PANEL 1]--[FUSE]--\
[PANEL 2]--[FUSE]---[Y BRANCH] --[PV JUNCTION BOX][HOUSE WALL]--[PV CABLE]--[ECO FLOW]--[10AMP CABLE]--[TRANSFER SWITCH]--[10AM CABLE]--[BREAKER]
[PANEL 3]--[FUSE]--/

Power draw devices
1 refrigerator
General network equipment
1 All in one desktop, only on when in use
Ceiling LED lighting, only on when in use
Pellet stove, only on in the winter when it's below 18f.

So I went ahead and ordered everything except the transfer switch. I'm pretty excited and hopefully, I didn't miss anything major. I do still have one question though. Since this isn't a permanent install, does anyone have any thoughts on how best to get the pv cable through the cinderblock foundation? I'd like to have a junction box on the outside wall where I can connect and disconnect my single solar array. I only seem to be able to find combiner boxes when I search google and while it would be nice to have an outdoor shutoff switch they don't address getting the pv cable into the house.

So what I'm thinking of doing is drilling a 1" hole through the foundation. I'll then put a 1" electric pvc pipe through the hole to protect the cabling from abrasion. Next, pick up a plastic junction box with a hinged lid, and drill a 1" hole in its back and two 1/4" holes on the bottom. Then install two rubber grommets in the bottom holes. I'll then run a 3' set of pv cable through the foundation into the junction box. Then from the outside, I'll run the positive and negative pv wires through the two bottom holes and connect them to the connectors inside the box.

Does this sound like a safe solution to get the cables into the house?

A transfer sub panel offers a lot of options. The one linked will support 8 of those thin breakers, 8, 15 amp circuits. I think those are 15amp max, not 20a. I even have a pair of them set up for 240v (well pump). I can switch the panel to the grid or to solar/emergency very easily.

Back