diy solar

diy solar

Looking for the most powerful, affordable portable solar panels for SHTH scenarios (300W+)

RLM4JC

Does anyone have experience with Bluetti, Ecoflow, Allpower or other high wattage portable panels? All the options I've come across are very expensive ($800+)

All the options I've come across are very expensive ($800+)
…and those brands are probably the last things I’d consider if I’d even consider them at all.

Traditional rigid panels are going to last the longest, cost the least, and put out adequate power. You probably in actual practice DO NOT need “the most powerful panels.” What you need is panels that will work, last well, and be durable.

Solar panel manufacturing is a mature industry. Nearly any top brand is going to perform well for you and be durable.

Shopping opportunistically priced portable gizmos that are less likely to stand the rest of time is imho the antithesis of shtf planning. Portable solar panels sell because people think the want them when in reality they are generally average panels with $2 of hardware with a $200-$300 free money factor built in
Imho. Ymmv but my opinion if implemented will be unlikely to let you down.

Back