diy solar

diy solar

Low voltage disconnect and Battle Born

Jah-de-blah-0m

10 Battleborn 100 amp hour 12 volt batteries wired in series and then parable for 24 volt system running off of lv2424 inverter.
What's the recommended low voltage disconnect battleborn gives numbers for 12 volt. Stating cut off at 11 volt so that mean we said it at 22 for a 24 volt system so DC cut off is at 22 volts would be a logical guess but not sure

Are you talking about the 'Batteries cut-off Voltage' setting #29 of the MPP Solar? That setting is for cutting the Voltage feeding the Inverter section of the MPP Solar.
It should be higher than the BMS shutdown Voltage since you do not want the BMS to cut off the Voltage feeding the SSC while the PV panels are still connected.
BTW, my MPP Solar is PIP-1012LV. My BMS LVSD is 10V, I set my MPP Batteries cut-off Voltage to 12V (24V for 24V system).
See Will's recommendation for the MPP.

Last edited:
Since you are using Battle Born, you could just call them for advice? They're really good for support and that's one of the reasons I buy Battle Born.

I think he’s just looking for advice for his All in one, so my guess is inverter LVC should be 23-22.5 give the BMS some head room.

Back